Nexstar Info

TheTechGuru

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Texas
27wyws2.jpg

Right on a holiday! How am I supposed to watch the Macy's 4th now? I can't go put a OTA tower up in this short amount of time. How f****** inconsiderate.

I guess I need to "move" back to the San Antonio market. I never lost a major network in 6 years there.

I feel your pain man, same here in Mcallen... damn disputes with Nexstar..

Same here in Greenville Washington New Bern NC market
WNCT CBS
WNCT2 CW
Gone with out notice, in past we got scrolls on local station saying could lose. Not seen anything.
Good thing I’ve got Local channel connector so can still get over the air.

Same in Hartford/New Haven with ABC affiliate.

Agreed, too - this one didn't get much attention on either side.

As always, it's probably LIN's, er, Nexstar's fault.

They changed it up a little...

wb9dgk.jpg

I normally almost never watch NBC and then this happens on the one day a holiday show is going to be on NBC. I guess I'll just watch Capital 4th on PBS...

27wyws2.jpg

Right on a holiday! How am I supposed to watch the Macy's 4th now? I can't go put a OTA tower up in this short amount of time. How f****** inconsiderate.

I guess I need to "move" back to the San Antonio market. I never lost a major network in 6 years there.
Are you too far for an indoor antenna to work? That can be set up fast.

I just got a courtesy credit of 10.00 by clicking on the link at the bottom of the tvpromise.com site. Click where it says check your account status by signing into your account. As of now it just says courtesy credit charge 0.00 on my bill, we will see if the 10 bucks shows up.
Update the credit just showed up on my bill. It says 1 month dispute credit.

WNCN here is down too. I don't have DirecTV, but the scroll says they are off Uverse as well.

Glad I have a Tablo so I can still DVR while KXAN is playing games. If I were DIRECTV I'd try to force KXAN to supply a fiber feed to their LRF due to all the outages KXAN transmitter has. If we're paying for their signal then they should deliver one. I chatted with AT&T this morning to see if I can get the elusive local channel connector. They placed the order but not expecting much since I have a GENIE 2 and last I heard their computer would only process orders for the HR44/HR54.

If
27wyws2.jpg

If you have You Tube TV on your tv apps sign up for the free preview. They are the only one's that have the networks. Then cancel after the preview. Hopefully you have good internet speeds.

We lost Fox a couple of weeks ago and now ABC and NBC. :(
Unfortunately, my OTA is currently out of commission, so I'll have to go with on demand or the internet for some shows. It's good that the networks are in rerun time.

Got the order e-mail, they ordered a DECA, not a LCC. Called back, since I have a HR54 no soup for you.

The scroll on WNCN claims AT&T/DirecTV "abruptly removed the channel." That is total bull. It is always the station's decision.

It's the station's decision in as much as they refuse to pay DirecTV their excessive costs. :rolleyes

Too bad, since they are cutting the revenue stream for those stations. It's a no win situation.

It's the station's decision in as much as they refuse to pay DirecTV their excessive costs. :rolleyes

Too bad, since they are cutting the revenue stream for those stations. It's a no win situation.

Sorry, I don't follow. DirecTV pays the stations, not the other way around.

Reactions: dishrich
We lost Fox a couple of weeks ago and now ABC and NBC. :(
Unfortunately, my OTA is currently out of commission, so I'll have to go with on demand or the internet for some shows. It's good that the networks are in rerun time.

Usually they try to time these before things people want to watch. The World Cup is getting some attention but hardly on the level of the Olympics, the start of football season, the Super Bowl or March Madness which is where contracts are usually timed to run out shortly before. So it is puzzling to see contracts expiring now when it will be nearly two months before Directv starts to get real pressure from customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)