Status
Please reply by conversation.

asousa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 8, 2004
Stoughton, MA
I was just looking at my programming on DirecTV, it already has the early bird for the 07 NFL season, but I don't see Super Fan anywhere... have they finally done away with this rediculous pricing scheme and included HD in the ST package?

Not sure, but it is still shown on the site with this quote "The NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ SuperFan package is not available at this time. Please check back closer to the start of the season to order."

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900045

The pricing is still a good overall group/family bargain versus attending an actual one team, 8 game season, but if they do away with SF, don't be surprised if all they would likely do is raise the total price of ST $75 - $100.

Last edited:
Alright, another fin fan! I agree, I live in Atlanta and I am hooked like a fish. I'll pay whatever to watch them.

I just went and looked at my programming on the DTV website and it doesn't show NFL ST yet? I have had it the past 5 years, I guess its a little too early.

Yep, things, regardless of how much or how little, are likely going to change as a new additional satellite will be up by next season. So I would guess they are in some sort of wait and see planning stages right now. This may or may not have some impact on the decision making.

Alright, another fin fan! I agree, I live in Atlanta and I am hooked like a fish. I'll pay whatever to watch them.

I just went and looked at my programming on the DTV website and it doesn't show NFL ST yet? I have had it the past 5 years, I guess its a little too early.

Diehard fins fan!! I was a season ticket holder last year, but it got to expensive flying down for all the home games. The future wife said no way this season!

I already signed up for the early bird, weird that I can but not you yet.

well i am seeing ads all over the place for free superfan with ST... but for new customers only. I called to see what I could do and they refused to give it to me. Said something about only customers who get an email get get it for free.

I tried calling retention directly, I guess they changed the way that works now too becasue you need a pin.

ASOUSA, it is for existing customers as well. I have been an NFL ticket subscriber for the last three years and I received the email yesterday. It says if you sign up for the NFL ticket package by April 30th then you will get SF for free. Just mention the email when you call and the CSR should hook you up. The SF will not show up in your programming supposely until after May 9th. We will see.

okay, i've had sunday ticket for all the years i've had directv (although not consecutative). i had superfan the first year. and i signed up for sunday ticket in february after my account was reactivated.....it was the $20 a month for 10 or 11 months mvp promo. could i get super fan free? might be worth a call?

I got the Email yesterday it did not say anything about new customers only. But what I find strange is why I would have to order it? I have had ST for years and Super Fan the 2 years it has been around. I should have auto renewal for ST.
I don't have either on my account right now.

well, i made a programming change earlier and asked about the free SF. i was told because i signed up for the mvp promo, i wasn't eligible!!

well i am seeing ads all over the place for free superfan with ST... but for new customers only. I called to see what I could do and they refused to give it to me. Said something about only customers who get an email get get it for free.

I tried calling retention directly, I guess they changed the way that works now too becasue you need a pin.

I just called, added NFL ST (I have had it for years) and told them I want free Super fan. She said no problem, it will show up after May 9th. I had her note my account too just in case. Call them again. There was just a commercial on TV saying the same thing - I saw it while watching the draft. Do NOT have to be a new customer.

I called yesterday and was told I did not have to do anything seeing as I was a returning ST & superfan customer it would be added to my account.

We shall see.

I could not find where on my account that the NFL Sunday ticket 2006 was listed,
unlike previous years, so I was not certain if my autorenew was good or not. So
I e-mailed them.....the rep told me that they have been having a ton(her words)of
trouble with the autorenew, especially if you had troubles, and they removed your
programs and restored them...the S/T did not follow the effort to restore programming. She offered the early bird renewal @ $249 with free superfan so I
took it....visited my account after the call...S/F is free...S/T is 249...I could have
opted for 5 payments, but I wanted to pay in full now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)