No picture on 811

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tom in TX

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 27, 2004
I am getting no picture on my 811. Still have old software. I get the banner on the screen, showing what channel it is supposed to be on, but no picture, and no sound. If I go through the channels, each channel is blank,and quiet, until I come to a Sirius channel, and I get the sound, and the moving title.
I went to menu, and all the graphics show up, and can navigate through them, and the signal strength is fine. Did a check switch, and all was fine. When I push Guide, the guide shows up, with a blank area where the video should be showing. Any ideas? This is the very first problem I've had with this unit, ever!
HELP,
Tom in TX

I got a variation of the BSOD today. (There's a first time for everything.) I was testing "recall", to see if 2.81 fixed it. I went from OTA to Sat by entering the Sat channel directly. I went back to OTA via "recall just fine. But, when I hit recall again to go back to Sat, I got the BSOD. However, when I hit "exit", "browse", etc, I got no banner. Instead, it just spontaneously rebooted. Weird.

Tom,

This problem has been rearing its ugly head ever since software update 2.80. The only solution to date is a hard reboot.

The Black Screen Of Death (BSOD) appears when one navigates repetitively from the OTA channels to the satellite channels.

Press and hold the 'ON' button for about 10 seconds and the receiver will reboot in about 20 seconds.

Franzius

Not sure why, but after never having this problem, I suddenly had to reboot probably 5 or 6 times with BSODs over the past 3-4 days. All while still on 280 (still dont have 281, as of this morning)

I too, have NEVER, EVER, had any problem with my 811. This BSOD was the first malfunction. It gets pretty heavy use, also, as I have 3 kids using it alot.
It has happened twice in the last few days. So, basically I am extremely pleased with my 811, I just hope this doesn't happen too frequently.
Tom in TX

For the last 3 days I have also been having troubles. Software is at 2.81. I have no picture on my HD package channels but all other channels are fine. When I try to view HD package channels I either get no picture/sound or it tries to acquire the satellite signal. Rebooted numerous times to no avail.

Try this on the next BSOD: Press the "Dish" button on the remote, then cancel out of the Dish Home application. It returned my picture and sound on my 811 with P281. YMMV.

GaryPen said:
I got a variation of the BSOD today. (There's a first time for everything.) I was testing "recall", to see if 2.81 fixed it. I went from OTA to Sat by entering the Sat channel directly. I went back to OTA via "recall just fine. But, when I hit recall again to go back to Sat, I got the BSOD. However, when I hit "exit", "browse", etc, I got no banner. Instead, it just spontaneously rebooted. Weird.
Gary, I used to have self-reboots at least once a day. Haven't seen this one since P269 though. I agree with everyone else that I am seeing BSOD more frequently now.

Jason

Foxbat said:
Try this on the next BSOD: Press the "Dish" button on the remote, then cancel out of the Dish Home application. It returned my picture and sound on my 811 with P281. YMMV.
Tried it. Didn't work for me. Darn!
BSOD much more frequent now with 281. :mad:

Grandude,
Sorry it didn't work. I've had the BSOD only once since the 281 update. I'll see if it works for me next time.

The "Dish" button trick didn't work for me. I ended up having other issues in addition to no HD channels. Also had acquiring satellites problem, BSOD, and no audio on OTA local HD channels. Rebooting helped sometimes. All of the problems have sinced stopped (as of Friday, I beleive) and everything appears to be working normally again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)