No Picture on TV2 with 722

mk3000

Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Hi,
I just had a 722 installed and intiallly the installer had some problems getting a picture on TV2. Eventually he got it working. I used it briefly just to test it out and it seemed to be working. Now it is only a few days after the install and I am only getting snow on TV2.

I have it set to air and channel 60. This is the way he set it up. I've tried setting it to cable and using channels 73-74-75 and also to air with various other stations. No picture no matter what I do. I connected a regular antenna and it gets OTA stations without a problem.

TV2 shows up in the set up and is being used to tape multiple programs without a problem, just can't view them on it because the picture is only snow.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Also, what specifically is the "remote antenna"? Is that just to get signal to the TV2 remote?

Thanks.

Yes, remote antenna is for the receiver to receive signal for tv2 UHF remote. Press menu button twice and see what tv2 is set to. It should tell you whether it is set to analog, cable and what channel number.

I may be mistaken, but it doesn't seem as though you read my original post. It is set to air and channel 60 and I have tried cable and 73-74-75 also. Forgive me if you are referring to something else.
Thanks.

I may be mistaken, but it doesn't seem as though you read my original post. It is set to air and channel 60 and I have tried cable and 73-74-75 also. Forgive me if you are referring to something else.
Thanks.

Just wanted to make sure you know the type and channel number is set on the receiver and has to be matched by the tv. Your post was unclear if you were changing the settings on the receiver as well as the tv.

Just wanted to make sure you know the type and channel number is set on the receiver and has to be matched by the tv. Your post was unclear if you were changing the settings on the receiver as well as the tv.

Yes, I have set it up according to the instructions in the 722 manual with regards to air/channels and cable/channels and tried all the suggested possiblilities. I also have the TV tuned to the correct channels and settings which correspond to the receiver settings, but only get snow.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

What has happened to me

I have a 722 with a coax going to 2 separate tv's through a splitter, no cable, just the output from the 722, had the modulator set to air/channel 25, for weeks I could get a signal on both tv's on channel 25, several days ago one tv did not have a signal on 25, checked the set up everything was as originally set up, scrolled the second tv channels and found the signal on channel 76, so now 1 tv gets a signal on channel 25, the other on channel 76

Bob

Gentleman, it sounds like one of the TVs is now tuned to cable band instead of antenna band. No big deal really, but if you want it to match, then go to the TV that is tuned to 76 and go into the TV menu with the TV remote and switch it to ANTENNA instead of cable and then do an autoscan.

Hi,
I just had a 722 installed and intiallly the installer had some problems getting a picture on TV2. Eventually he got it working. I used it briefly just to test it out and it seemed to be working. Now it is only a few days after the install and I am only getting snow on TV2.

I have it set to air and channel 60. This is the way he set it up. I've tried setting it to cable and using channels 73-74-75 and also to air with various other stations. No picture no matter what I do. I connected a regular antenna and it gets OTA stations without a problem.

TV2 shows up in the set up and is being used to tape multiple programs without a problem, just can't view them on it because the picture is only snow.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Also, what specifically is the "remote antenna"? Is that just to get signal to the TV2 remote?

Thanks.

Two things you can try:

Swap ports on your splitter so that the two TVs are on the other leg of the splitter. If the problem stays in the same room, either its the TV or wiring to that room. If it moves, you probably have a bad splitter.

Swap the TVs and put the other TV in the problem room and check for programming there. If you have it, then your other TV is the issue. If you don't have it, then do the swap I suggested in the first paragraph. If you still don't have it, run a temporary cable from the splitter to the TV. If that fixes is, then you have bad wiring or connector on that line. Report your findings here.

Problem Fixed...

The problem was that there are two coaxial cables coming in for two separate receivers off of one dish. One is dual and the other is straight from the dish to the receiver and is only for a single TV. The coaxial cables leading into the two receivers were switched during a rearrangement of the equipment. Once they were switched back, the second TV began to work properly.

Thanks very much for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)