No PIP for D*?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a BellTV 9242(Vip 622) and love the pip button. The Closest thing ive found on my HR22 is to hit the down arrow twice to swap tuners. While its not pip per say its atleast away to switch between two games.

Yes it is true DIRECTV receivers do not do PIP.

PIP is something so 1990's... I am still shocked they dont offer this basic feature.

As far as I know there are no plans for PIP on DIRECTV receivers.
Probably because it is so 1990's and few people even use it

I don't believe D* has EVER had a unit that did PIP, I know they haven't in the last 6 years.
Yes the Ultimate TV DVR made by RCA had PIP, I had one and it was one of the best receivers D* had. It was great being able to watch two channels at once.

I think it was because it was too difficult to set up and use. You either had to use an external receiver and the internal tuner, (some TVs had dual internal tuners) which only got you local or cable channels, or you had to use two receivers in order to get two different channels.

I really wish D* would have had PIP in their new HR series, I was really surprised that they didn't. It would have made them a little more competitive with E* and cable.

Yes the Ultimate TV DVR made by RCA had PIP, I had one and it was one of the best receivers D* had. It was great being able to watch two channels at once.

I think it was because it was too difficult to set up and use. You either had to use an external receiver and the internal tuner, (some TVs had dual internal tuners) which only got you local or cable channels, or you had to use two receivers in order to get two different channels.

I really wish D* would have had PIP in their new HR series, I was really surprised that they didn't. It would have made them a little more competitive with E* and cable.

Oh ya, I remember them .......

They would not do much at this point in life though.
They were what late '90's ?

Oh ya, I remember them .......

They would not do much at this point in life though.
They were what late '90's ?
Early 2000's. I used mine through 2007, before switching over to the HR's for HD. Some people are still using them from what I hear.

While PIP is so 1990s the ability to bring up 2 screens(tuner 1 and tuner2) at the same time to me is a good 2010 feature(which you can do with Dish DVRs by pressing the "position" key on the remote control.:)

Did DirecTV ever change DoublePlay where you don't have to activate it by pressing twice on the "down arrow"?
When I had DirecTV that had to be one of my pet peeves because even with the any key reactivation feature I still had times when my 2nd live buffer would become deactivated.:(

DirecTV's HD DVRs are now better than Dish HD DVRs live buffers because they have the ability to have 2-90 minute live buffers,where Dish's are 2-60 minute live buffers.;)

The only DVR that beats both of them is Dish's MPEG2 522/625 which has 2-120 minute live buffers.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.