No price increase on new bill.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BrianMis

Original PIT Dweller
Original poster
Mar 29, 2005
Western PA
I just viewed my new bill for February to March and it's the same as always.

No increase in the fee for programming, DVR fee is the same. hmmm........

I have not recieved any info from DISH on a price increase. Strange ........ I thought they would widely communicate this..... :confused:

Bill

Scott Greczkowski said:
While others have reported getting a letter in the mail about the increase I have yet to get one.

No letter. No email. No mention in the last bill. Nothing.

Is it possible that this increase is only for certain people? Maybe based on how long they have been customers? I havn't gotten anything in the mail either and I signed up last September.

Dish is increasing the prices I believe starting Feb. 1st. When they told us about the increase during a recent training, they said the increase was not going to be advertised, by letters etc, but will just show up on the bill. The price increase veries depending on package, but averages $2-3. This price is garaunteed to through 2008.

volkodav said:
Dish is increasing the prices I believe starting Feb. 1st. When they told us about the increase during a recent training, they said the increase was not going to be advertised, by letters etc, but will just show up on the bill. The price increase veries depending on package, but averages $2-3. This price is garaunteed to through 2008.

From what I've heard, I was under the impression that only the AT60 price was guaranteed with no guarantee for the other packages.

At least ATT/Dish informed the customers:

"Effective with February bill, subscribers of the following packages
and services will see a change in their monthly rate as follows:
America?s Top 60*:$34.99 America?s Top 120*:$44.99
America?s Top 180*:$54.99 America?s ?Everything? Pak*:
$89.99
Latino ?Everything? Pak*:$84.99 HBO:$14.99
DISH Network DVR Service Fee:$5.98; Korean Basic Pak
$24.99"

chaddux said:
From what I've heard, I was under the impression that only the AT60 price was guaranteed with no guarantee for the other packages.

Yes the guarantee is for the AT60 only, at least thats what I got from the last retailer chat. I recoreded and looked at it again real quick and yes it is for AT60 only.

volkodav said:

However maybe they changed their minds, and it is not advertised to retailers.:rolleyes:

I got an annual bill and no mention of a price increase. It said that sometime in Feb 2006 is when the next annual starts and I did some figuring and it come out to what would be equal to be $48 x 11 (the current rate) instead of $50 x 11 (the new rate). When I called in (before I got the bill) they said if I would pay before Feb 1st that I would get the old rate. I am confused. If I get a bill and it says the old rate and I pay by the due date then why would I not get the old rate? I think I remember having this issue last year too.

I thought for sure that my AT180 w/locals would have gone to 54.99, and my DVR service fee would have went to 5.98.

This bill is for February 11 to March 11. Nothing changed, I don't get it.

Last edited:
garys said:
E* may be giving customers the opertunity to pay before the increase. I'd pay if before you get an "ajusted" billing.

I doubt that this is the case. I'm sure at some point it will change. I know it will for me as I am changing to DishHD Gold in a couple of days.

BrianMis said:
I doubt that this is the case. I'm sure at some point it will change. I know it will for me as I am changing to DishHD Gold in a couple of days.

Maybe they have not changed the billing since they have not replaced the lifetime slot yet... We got Oxygen.. but they are still working on carriage for Lifetime or filling it with something else.. Probably a bad time to up the rate after dropping those channels this month.

The rates will go up when you get your February bill, Not the bill for February service.

n0qcu said:
The rates will go up when you get your February bill, Not the bill for February service.

I was under the impression service is billed one month in advance. My bill states for service from February 11 to March 11.

So this would be the February bill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts