No Red Sox In HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wyatt9696

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
I live in CT, Sox are on NESN(623) all Sox games and studio stuff will be in HD this year, except on satellite. I get all exited today, when i see the sox / rangers game is to be broadcast on ESPN2 HD(which i pay for, BTW) so it's blacked out on my area. what a bunch of sh*t. i call "D", they say they can't help me. i said i pay for this channel, csr, "sorry" can't help. man, this stinks. is there any way to get sox games in hd, w/o switching to cable? sorry for the mini-rant. i'm just pissed at the situation. just venting i guess.

Directv would have to carry the HD games for you to see them, and since it isn't happening, you'll need to pick up cable

wyatt9696 said:
I get all exited today, when i see the sox / rangers game is to be broadcast on ESPN2 HD(which i pay for, BTW) so it's blacked out on my area. what a bunch of sh*t. i call "D", they say they can't help me. i said i pay for this channel, csr, "sorry" can't help. man, this stinks. is there any way to get sox games in hd, w/o switching to cable? sorry for the mini-rant. i'm just pissed at the situation. just venting i guess.

There is nothing they can do, they are bound by laws and contracts to enforce market agreements. Complain to the league the right's holder, and the FCC.

I prefer the guide: http://www.hdsportsguide.com/mlb.php

A ton of people over at avs forums have been hounding directv about this, no luck yet

Being a Red Sox and Bruins fan I would love this channel. I don't expect it soon, but I hope when they get all their birds up and running, it will be added.

wyatt9696 said:
I live in CT, Sox are on NESN(623) all Sox games and studio stuff will be in HD this year, except on satellite. I get all exited today, when i see the sox / rangers game is to be broadcast on ESPN2 HD(which i pay for, BTW) so it's blacked out on my area. what a bunch of sh*t. i call "D", they say they can't help me. i said i pay for this channel, csr, "sorry" can't help. man, this stinks. is there any way to get sox games in hd, w/o switching to cable? sorry for the mini-rant. i'm just pissed at the situation. just venting i guess.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=7077287&&#post7077287

Some guys at AVS came up with this solution. A way to get INHD for only 20 bucks a month. I guess the catch is if NESN HD moves off of INHD then you may be out of luck

D* or E* are my only hope to get NESN in HD. It's on the local cable companies lineup, too bad I live on the only street that doesn't have cable wired in the area. I'm about done with D*, E* has a lot more HD content and less HD-Lite. The only thing that could stop me from switching at this point would be an announcement by D* that they plan on carrying NESN - HD soon.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.