No room for more HD Locals by 2013?

They couldn't reuse the numbers before since they were CONUS on some locals they just kept the numbering scheme going. When they realized they would run out numbers they started reusing the numbers across the beams, since one account would only be pulling from one beam at a time. I could see them renumbering all the HD locals in the future though.

Numbers are infinite and they have no relation to the bandwidth limits regarding local channels. Dish will just create the 900000000 range. It is all about the bandwidth on the sats and changing out MPEG2 STB's for MPEG4 STB's. Dish can dump the SD feeds of the HD simulcasts and let the STB's do the down converting. By this time, we may not be needing 129, et al. as those are all leased and some must revert to country of intended operation. I believe Dish has been awarded some of the "tweener" bands as permanent license. That is where the permant solutions lie, along with Dish 500 a part of that and the ever more sophisticated satellites allow more channel capacity. Every little ounce of efficiency is precious.

Pack up the viritual "U-Haul" and get out of DMA! ;)

I've thought about it, but then I would loose my LOCAL locals. I need them for the news, and OTA isn't an option in my area.

I just figure if I complain enough (others are as well) they will eventuality fix it.

I've thought about it, but then I would loose my LOCAL locals. I need them for the news, and OTA isn't an option in my area.

I just figure if I complain enough (others are as well) they will eventuality fix it.

No fixing the spotbeam on 61.5. It's done and pretty much set in stone. Only option would be another beam like on 129, but I'm not sure if one is open for you.

So let me get this straight..........DISH will run out of "room" on their satellites with all the HD out there???

Can't they launch a bunch more satellites to compensate? I think it's a ridiculous argument that the Brewers can't be in HD when available cause there's not enough room.

I just don't understand how Dish completely ignores the spotbeam issue. I mean, a caller even made it on the tech form/charlie chat a SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED this issue in my area and all they did was ignore it because they coudn't answer the question and moved on.

I think, unless the channles arn't made avaible to everyone who should get them, then no one should and they should just save the room or put something else there.

How would you feel if a regular channel like Discovery or HDNet could not be picked up at your house, but yet other people can get it, and we all pay the same price, but get diffrent content?

I just don't understand how Dish completely ignores the spotbeam issue. I mean, a caller even made it on the tech form/charlie chat a SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED this issue in my area and all they did was ignore it because they coudn't answer the question and moved on.

I think, unless the channles arn't made avaible to everyone who should get them, then no one should and they should just save the room or put something else there.

How would you feel if a regular channel like Discovery or HDNet could not be picked up at your house, but yet other people can get it, and we all pay the same price, but get diffrent content?

Since you're one of the Scranton guys... I'm working on putting the maps up for 61.5 spotbeams. Some of them might be accurate, some not, as it seems Dish has done a little bit of changes with power levels since the filing when it was Rainbow1.

Let me know if this is what you are seeing.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

Since you're one of the Scranton guys... I'm working on putting the maps up for 61.5 spotbeams. Some of them might be accurate, some not, as it seems Dish has done a little bit of changes with power levels since the filing when it was Rainbow1.

Let me know if this is what you are seeing.

SatelliteGuys.US - Subscription 61.5°W

As far as I can tell, I'm right on the green line, and my signal varies between 0 and 11 depending on the weather. I've never seen it stay high enough long enough to lock on to any channels.

I haven't tried a bigger dish because my dishes are on the roof. If I had a pole mount it would've been done a long time ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)