No Signal After Switching to HDTV Receiver

jlfiumara

Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
Glendale Arizona
Hi all,

I recently switched my Dish Netword receiver to an HD receiver. Upon installing it I was unable to get a satellite signal despite using all the settings I was told to. I went as far as buying a new dish and cables and still no signals. I'm north of Payson Arizona and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

more info

Hi all,

I recently switched my Dish Netword receiver to an HD receiver. Upon installing it I was unable to get a satellite signal despite using all the settings I was told to. I went as far as buying a new dish and cables and still no signals. I'm north of Payson Arizona and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Thank you in advance!
Haven't given us enough info for us to tell anything. Dish, Receiver if the dish is LNB Dish Pro Plus or legacy. Where you are.

Sorry about that. The receiver is a VIP612, the dish is a DishTurbo HD Pro Plus (it has three heads). At one point in time we were able to get a weak signal off of Satellite 110, but now not at all. We were never able to get 119 or 129. We are up in Happy Jack, Arizona.

mis-pointed dish

Sorry about that. The receiver is a VIP612, the dish is a DishTurbo HD Pro Plus (it has three heads). At one point in time we were able to get a weak signal off of Satellite 110, but now not at all. We were never able to get 119 or 129. We are up in Happy Jack, Arizona.

Sounds like the dish is mis-pointed and not picking up any of the sats. You will either have to align yourself or call some one in that can do it.

If you could get a signal off 110 again, you could put tin foil over the other two lnbs to be sure that you were getting 110 from the correct lnb. That would give you a starting point. Do you have a signal meter or are you using the receiver sound to locate the sat. Set the dish a little higher than specified and snug the vertical nut, then sweep the dish back and forth 15 degrees, then lower the dish a degree and sweep back and forth again. Keep doing this until you find the signal. Then determine with tinfoil, which lnb is getting the signal. Then move the dish in line with the lnbs to get the signal from the correct lnb. Adjust from there.

Also, your pole must be vertical, check it with a carpenters level bubble. If you changed recievers, why did you move the dish or did you get a new dish also. Is thw 612, the only receiver that you have.

Sounds like he has a D1000.2.

Is this a self install or did Dish install it for you?

What receiver was replaced?

If this is a self install make certain that your mast is plumb; it can be near impossible to find all three satellites when your dish is not.

The dish they put up when they switched me to the Eastern Arc is 1000.4 and it says TurboHD in the middle of it. They may be using the same reflector for both Eastern and Western Arc, but the arm and LNB would be different for each. The 1000.4 has a triple LNB with the one for 61.5 several inches from the 72.7 & 77.0. The triple LNB Western has the 3 fairly evenly spaced.

Ahhh you nned to have your dish facing East to receive the eastern Arc satellites, again make sure your Mast is Plumb, level, or on a pole the pole is straight, also check your elevation and skew settings on the dish are correct. Hope this helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts