No signal, bad LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wecker20in

Original poster
Jul 28, 2007
No signal at all. I don't have a multi line switch so can eliminate that. Checked the coax cables w/ the Fluke and no resistance there. Tried adjusting the dish and got nothing. Anyway of testing the LNB w/o special tools? The only thing it could be is the LNB or the reciever at this point. Unless there's a problem on DTV's end but I doubt it. Weather is nice and sunny.

It's not Direct mine is running fine at the moment.

It probably is the LNB, but did you check to see if there is voltage at the lnb?

there should be 13, or 18V if there isn't the the ird is bad, or there was a short, and it needs reset. The reciever needs to power the LNB if it doesn't you will get nothing.

You should check for a short or an open in the line before assuming it's the LNB, but remember to disconnect the cable at both ends first.

It could also be a bad ground block or barrel connector.

No signal at all. I don't have a multi line switch so can eliminate that. Checked the coax cables w/ the Fluke and no resistance there. Tried adjusting the dish and got nothing. Anyway of testing the LNB w/o special tools? The only thing it could be is the LNB or the reciever at this point. Unless there's a problem on DTV's end but I doubt it. Weather is nice and sunny.

"No resistance" is a short.:)

But you probably know what you meant if you have a Fluke!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)