No signal from 11966 on Galaxy 25

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pilot04

Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Hi, newbie here with FTA. I have an 80cm dish installed on my roof. I was able to scan for the channels on Galaxy 25 fine in the past couple of years. I noticed now that other TP on Galaxy 25 work ok except for TP14(11966H). I can't seem to get any signal from 11966 at all. I tried deleting and adding it manually. I haven't gone back up on the roof in the past year to try to adjust again.

Is it a bad lnbf, receiver or too small of a dish? I also live near an airport(actually on a hill overlooking it) if that makes any difference. I got new RG6 cables installed in case it was bad cables but that didn't help. Any suggestions on where to start my troubleshooting as I don't want to buy new lnbf, dish or receiver unless I really need to. Besides, I can still get all the other international channels on G25 except for 11966.

I get a pretty strong signal on this tp in Michigan, about 50% Q on a 36" dish. Do you get any Quality at all ? If I had to suspect hardware, it would be the lnbf, BUT I think it unlikely that it would fail on only one frequency . If you have a fixed dish, I'd consider reloading factory defaults on the stb, setting up the antenna parameters again, and rescanning. If your dish is motorized, I'd look around for a similar frequency on a different bird, and try the frequency there.

:(

Brent

I get a pretty strong signal on this tp in Michigan, about 50% Q on a 36" dish. Do you get any Quality at all ? If I had to suspect hardware, it would be the lnbf, BUT I think it unlikely that it would fail on only one frequency . If you have a fixed dish, I'd consider reloading factory defaults on the stb, setting up the antenna parameters again, and rescanning. If your dish is motorized, I'd look around for a similar frequency on a different bird, and try the frequency there.

:(

Brent

I'm in Seattle and used to get 30-50% quality on 11966 when it was installed for us ~3 years ago. I normally don't look at signal/quality unless I don't see certain channels. Others TP on G25 get good signal and quality from 20-50% depending on the weather day in the pacific nw. At first I thought it was maybe the big evergreen tree in my neighbors house that has grown year over year but that doesn't explain only affecting 11966.

I'm going to try resetting back to factory default and scanning again tonight but it didn't fix 11966 the last couple times i tried it. Once the weather gets better, I may go up on the roof to adjust dish with small tv. I'm also thinking about just buying an lnbf on ebay to rule it out as that is the cheapest of the hw items.

Picking up another lnbf would certainly help isolate the problem. Neither the tree, nor the relatively low signal strength in the Seattle area (according to beam map) would account for the problem, in my opinion ( sound pretty ponderous there ) . There are adjacent transponders which have less Q on my box , and they come in fine I suspect for you . It'll be interesting to see what you find out.

:)

Brent

I am getting 11966 /H/ 22000 at Q25 in South Central WA. If that was my system I would recheck elevation, very slight pull up and down on the dish. If I remember, that TP is the second one to go out when my dish drops! Again, if I remember I still have this one if I am too high!? I did make a chart and was surprised that I lost certain ones with elevation. if you only loose one transponder, I would THINK the LNB was OK since this is not the highest or lowest Frequency, nor even the weakest TP, at least here.
I would also suspect intermod, possibly from an airport signal. Some new frequencies were authorized both at Paine Field and SeaTac which COULD interfere or cause intermod (or IF loading) on the upper ham bands.

Be safe on that roof, but I would try checking for elevation and maybe a side to side push/pull before parts replacement. Remember the Puget Sound Convergence Zone this time of the year... { or Did a plane fly too low and hit your dish? ? ? ;<) }

I'll try the elevation check and slight adjustments when weather is better. That way I don't invest in new parts for now. Thankfully, no planes have come close enough to the house. We do get the blue angels every summer that rattles our windows when they visit Boeing Field.

I'm also thinking about just buying an lnbf on ebay to rule it out as that is the cheapest of the hw items.

LNBF is almost never the problem, but if you do buy one to rule it out as the problem, pick one that you might want to use on a future second dish or as a spare. It's always good to have extra LNBFs around :)

Thanks for note on the LNBF rarely going bad. I'm just gonna wait till I can go out and adjust the dish first. With snow in the forecast for Seattle area lately, it may be a few weeks before I venture up on the roof.

I noticed last night while resetting the receiver to factory default and rescanning that 12177 came in with 90-100% quality which I believe is the strongest TP on G25. Most other TP were 40-75% quality. 12090 was 20-30% quality. Signal was good for 11996 but still 0% quality.

I was 8 years under that pattern for McChord and 32 years under Paine Fields pattern. Then we moved here and if we hear an airplane, we go out to see who is flying by. Usually BPA in a 'copter or a neighbor in his Cessna 172.... Ah the quiet! And the snow! It was 20.7 this morning, snowing, but the wind is down to 3.2 MPH so I am going to go out and bring my last dish down from the roof and put it on a side wall that I can reach easier. I pushed up on the lower edge of the dish a couple of days ago and got my signals back, for a few seconds, but I could not get up on the roof in the wind to adjust it.
Don't take chances on the ice or snow.

... Try to manually enter plus or minus a few degrees on that frequency 11966, such as 11970 or 11962, to see if that helps ?

Thanks for note on the LNBF rarely going bad. I'm just gonna wait till I can go out and adjust the dish first. With snow in the forecast for Seattle area lately, it may be a few weeks before I venture up on the roof.

I noticed last night while resetting the receiver to factory default and rescanning that 12177 came in with 90-100% quality which I believe is the strongest TP on G25. Most other TP were 40-75% quality. 12090 was 20-30% quality. Signal was good for 11996 but still 0% quality.

Are those in the 20-30% breaking up?

For a long time 11874 and 11966 were my weakest, and would be the first to go during a bad snow or rain. However, I'd certainly give it a nudge with the motor (if you have one) or manually if you have a chance. A slight nudge can mean the difference between nothing and 50% on my weak TPs. If you have a way to monitor the channels in real-life (a friend on the phone was the best for me), all the better.

I was 8 years under that pattern for McChord and 32 years under Paine Fields pattern. Then we moved here and if we hear an airplane, we go out to see who is flying by. Usually BPA in a 'copter or a neighbor in his Cessna 172.... Ah the quiet! And the snow! It was 20.7 this morning, snowing, but the wind is down to 3.2 MPH so I am going to go out and bring my last dish down from the roof and put it on a side wall that I can reach easier. I pushed up on the lower edge of the dish a couple of days ago and got my signals back, for a few seconds, but I could not get up on the roof in the wind to adjust it.
Don't take chances on the ice or snow.

Gonna be 65+ F this weekend rv1pop. Can't wait since I am adding another dish! :)

It looks like I still can't get 11966. Took a small tv up and adjusted it a little today and still can't get a signal. It's nice today with failry clear skies and no rain. I did notice my lnbf is 0.6 on it if it makes any difference.

DiscoLoveGrapes: The 20-30% only breaks up on rainy days. After adjusting, now 12090 is at 100% and 12117 is 30-50%. No motor so manually nudging for about an hour and gave up today on 11996.

tom_v: tried increments of 1 degree in both directions but no luck.

rv1pop: that light snow was a nice way to start Spring.

Well, I did not get my last dish moved, but I did get a 2X2 block between the post and LNBF arm and got all of the Glorystar signals back! But I had not given up on G10R-ku and finally I got it working= 2 UW on H and RTN on V!
Are you getting 11966 yet? I got it solid here, now.!!

I am not able to get any signal on 11966 either. I am using a 90cm channel master dish with an old channel master standard lnbf. Other Tps come in fine but no signal on 11966.

Actually I guess the problem that I had was my LNBF was a single polarity. It was only picking Vertical signals and 11966 is on a Horizontal tp.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)