No signal or bad reciever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Original poster
I've recieved an RCA 18" Satellite and a Dish Network 301 reciever, when i setup all the equipment to recieve signal from 61.5 (Skyangel) i do not get a signal. i got the correct coordinates to setup the satellite from the websites and am sure that i have it set correctly. I have noticed that on my point dish menu screen that i cannot change the satellite, i can arrow over to zip code and put in my zip, but then it changes to all ?????, transponder # will not be accepted either. Dishnetwork told me it was due to the reciever not having latest sw (P188) and that it needed to be updated, but it won't update since i can't get signal. the reciever is constantly displaying the 'acquiring satellite signal' message. i have followed the instructions for resetting the reciever and doing the sw update but to no avail. Can anyone offer advice/suggestions/instructions? Many thanks in advance! Al D.

i posted this before i registered... then i find other threads with similar questions, but would still like for someon to help me out. thanks,

What your means to cannot change satellite, or you can not get down to the 61.5 sat in the menu. if in the menu you can not do anything, then its the receiver problem, I do not think its the SW problem since all the 301 has the most available sats in the menu. OOOH, you means SkyAngel ? wonder it still there.
I do not know where you at, but at Dallas here, 61.5 is kind of low horizon here. And it is not that hard to get the signal.

Unregistered said:
I've recieved an RCA 18" Satellite and a Dish Network 301 reciever, when i setup all the equipment to recieve signal from 61.5 (Skyangel) i do not get a signal. i got the correct coordinates to setup the satellite from the websites and am sure that i have it set correctly. I have noticed that on my point dish menu screen that i cannot change the satellite, i can arrow over to zip code and put in my zip, but then it changes to all ?????, transponder # will not be accepted either. Dishnetwork told me it was due to the reciever not having latest sw (P188) and that it needed to be updated, but it won't update since i can't get signal. the reciever is constantly displaying the 'acquiring satellite signal' message. i have followed the instructions for resetting the reciever and doing the sw update but to no avail. Can anyone offer advice/suggestions/instructions? Many thanks in advance! Al D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts