No signal problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SHIRLEYE66

Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
I am sure this has been discussed previously but I have had numerous signal problems. 12/6 the signal went out about 7 am. Since I was leaving for work I figured I would deal with it when I got home. 6:30 pm, no signal. Now, I have a clear line of sight, it was sunny all day.....signal runs around 110. Dish tech has me try all the resets (which I had already done). No signal. He states, check the connections.....which no one had touched..snug as a bug.... Dish must have moved. No winds, and unless Santa came early, no one on the roof.
Do they have satelitte problems that they do not report? I have asked that but no one will admit to it. I have had the dish replaced, the cable from the dish to the receiver replaced and am getting very frustrated. They set up a tech to come on Saturday but about 6:30 am 12/7 signal was back.

When aiming a dish you want to maximize the signal strength so there is no rain fade. That's also called peaking the dish. I believe in your case rain it's not a problem but the signal strength is probably just marginal.

You can check it by going to 6, 1, 1 in your Menu. Look at TPs 11, 12 for each satellite. Some receivers show lower signal strength so it will be good to know what receiver you have.

No question is stupid and by the way Welcome to Satelliteguys.

If his signal is at around 110 then he has a decent signal all the way around. If its going out periodicly I would have to suspect a failing lnbf or a receiver if its only happening on one receiver or if its on all receivers then lean towards the lnbf or switch if there is one. However there is one other possibility and that is a localized terrestrial interferance wich could be from a transmission radio tower, microwave source, or something even closer such as a radar detector or a wireless source that isnt set up correctly.

Peaked

Believe me, I know all ways to check the dish signal. I receive a signal of over 110 for both 119/110 satelittes. Sometimes it's over 120.........

Then it's not an alignment problem and most likely what Van said. I missed where you said "signal runs around 110". Better to have E* look at it. Good luck tomorrow.

Loss of signal

Service rep came out on 12/23 and brought 508 receiver to replace the one I had with a bad pvr. I finally think the loss of signal is fixed (hopefully I am not jinksing it) but I have not had major (day long) signal outages since the receiver was replaced. I appreciate the suggestions you gave concerning my problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)