NO SIGNAL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

benboodoo

Original poster
Aug 17, 2012
trinidad
hi im new, I just bouth a fta reciever lexium dbs 7000 complete set, i live in trinidad and i followed all instructions still cant get no reception, could u please help with some information, thank you.:)

Need a complete list of your equipment, and steps already done, to know what needs to be done.
The basics are: Program a known active transponder into the receiver. Watch the signal meters on that transponder (Quality being the most important). Set the LNBF Skew and aim dish and align for maximum Quality reading. Scan satellite for all active transponders and services.
Active transponders can be found on TheList! (top of page)
Your LNBF skew and dish 'aiming' can be found at dishpointer.com

this is my system (1) WS9036 90cm / 36" Offset FTA & Ku Band Satellite Dish Antenna
(1)
WS International ESX522 FSS Dual / Twin Ku Band Standard
(1)
Lexium DBS7000 FTA (Free to Air) DVB-S C & Ku Band Digital Satellite Receiver
i followed all instructions on the booklet, and got positions from dishpointer.com
nothing seem to work;

Don't have a clue as to what the 'steps in the booklet' are, but here goes -
Program the satellite you're trying to get with a few documented active transponders.
Make sure that your receiver is programmed correctly for the LNB (L.O. Frequency = 10750 MHz) (No switches or motor so any of that programming will have no effect.)
Set the receiver to watch the Quality reading/meter on one of these transponders.
Set the dish elevation and skew to dishpointer specs.
With the dish aimed to one side of the line from dishpointer,
In small steps (waiting after each movement of the dish for the receiver to 'lock on' and display Quality**) adjust the dish towards and past the dishpointer line.
When Quality reading is attained, fine tune for maximum Quality reading.
If Quality is not attained, re-adjust elevation slightly higher(or lower) and repeat.
You may want to do an east west scan of the sky on each transponder you've programmed as there's not much of a guarantee that everything is current and active.
(Go left on one TP, Right on another. Then re-adjust elevation slightly, and repeat)
** 10 seconds isn't unreasonable. different receiver/SR combinations may take even longer. usually the lower the SR the longer it takes.And during 'searching' weak signals take longer.
NOTE: the LNBF mentioned is a STANDARD (LO=10750) for reception of 11.7 to 12.2Ghz.
If reception is wanted in the 10.7 to 11.7Ghz band, a UNIVERSAL is required.
Happy hunting.

I will add only as an "encouragement", Most of the used dishes I have re-pointed or reused are off by 5 to 10 degrees in elevation. This could be from LNB arm sag from weather, wind and age, as well as from poor markings. Since you appear to be using a new dish, it is less likely to be a problem. Do not be discouraged. You WILL win! That setup is no match for your will and determination, and the stellar advice from the cadre of "EX-SPURTS" at SatelliteGuys.US

Ex = has been ; Spurt = a drip under pressure.;)

hi I made some more adjustments to my dish like u said and signal intensity reached 84%,
on galaxy 19 c 97w , signal quality 14 percent; do i need a larger dish?
I have a brand new BF-KU-100-II will this work?

Are you trying to receive C-band from 97W?

If so, you definitely need a bigger dish than that 90cm, and a different LNBF.

What is the frequency of the transponder you are trying to get, does it have 4 digits (in the C-band 3700-4200 range) or 5 digits (in the Ku-band 11700-12200 range)

sorry, I got the band wrong, im trying galaxy 19 ku 97w , TP 11780 mhz
symbol rate 20750
polarity H
I did some adjusting on my dish and got 85 percent signal intensity
and 16 percent signal quality, still no picture
what else can i do.

If you are located in Trinidad, and if I am looking at the footprint of the satellite's coverage chart correctly, it appears you may be close to the edge of the coverage.

Are others in your immediate area receiving this satellite with 90cm dishes?

PROGRESS is attained, but there's still problems. ANALYZING -
http://www.dishpointer.com/
Satellite: G19 - 97°W
Location Trinidad
(Approximate)
Latitude: 10.4716°
Longitude: -61.2657°
Dish Elevation:47.1°
Azimuth: 255.8°
LNB skew: 72.4°
That's a mighty LNB skew. Check to see: the 0(zero) mark on the LNBF should be rotated to near the 9:30 position in the LNBF holder. That would be CCW when looking at the face of the dish.
If that's correct: are you using good quality RG-6? (RG-59 won't work well as it has too much loss - which could explain the low Quality reading)
BUT. as previously mentioned by Phlatwound, your location is outside the footprint as shown at satbeams.com and http://www.intelsat.com/flash/cover...?sat=G-19%20at%2097%BA%20W&display=map&spot=1, Could be a a larger dish (1.2 or a 1.8 meter ??) is going to be needed. I will also ask if anyone else in your area getting that satelllite? and what size dish they;re using??)
((I know where there's an unused 2.4 meter Ku dish, youch, the shipping would be a killer))
If this is the first satellite you've tried to get, you may confirm that the dish is too small for G19 by aiming at a satellite that does show coverage in your area. South American beam. http://www.lyngsat.com/Amazonas-1.html
Elevation: 77.7°
Azimuth (true): 178.5°
Azimuth (magn.): 193.2°
LNB Skew [?]: -1.5°

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts