No Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bpasker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
So we had a minor storm come through last night, with no bigger then pea size hail. During the middle of the storm we lost Satellite signal. I figured no big deal, this stuff happens during storms and it'll be back on once the storm blows through. No such luck, storm has been gone and clear skies for about 10 hours now and I still get "Acquiring satellite signal" message. Usually this stays on progress 0 of 5, but every once in a while I'll get teased and it'll go to 2 but then stops and tries the next transponder. I'm having this problem on all three of my recievers (811, 510 & 311). I checked the dish on the side of my house and I can't see any physical harm to it. I checked the cable connections to the grounder and lnb and they are all good to go. I also go into the setup screen on my receivers into the point dish and test switch areas and they see zero signal. I'm extremely confused, the only thing I can think of is the dish was somehow re-directed during the storm by some powerful wind. There were a few very small trees down in our neighborhood last night, however my dish is on the side of my house inbetween my neighbor's house and mine and they are only about 15 foot apart. I"m not sure how much wind can get through there at top speeds. Am I stuck calling tech support and sitting through all of their "go here, push this, hmmm, that didn't work either" crap?

If and when you run the check switch and it gives you two X's does it show connected device is a dishpro quad or maybe a dishpro twin and sw 34? Or does it give you four X's ? If its not showing any connected equipment then most likely your lnbf and or switch may have been shorted out possibly. If it does tell you a connected device but no sats verified then your dish was turned by a strong gust of wind or the mount has become loose.

When you call for tech support tell them its happening on all tv's and what youve done, if they tell you to move recievers around tell them no that its not happening at one tv. Tell them also that you have checked all the connections and done a visual inspection of the dish, if they want you to check the dish tell them your not getting on a ladder and that you want someone to come out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts