no signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tjss22

Original poster
Nov 5, 2005
i took my vs platinum reciever to a friends house i wasnt getting a signal and i thought maybe it was his cable. i took it back to my house and same thing no signal. it was working great before i took it to my friends. i checked all connections and my lnb and nothing wrong. when i go into antenna setup it shows Q&S at a solid 0. i tried everything but still nothing. i was running a DISEqC switch but i thought my switch went bad so i bypassed the switch so im running it straight thru with 1 signal. the only 2 things i can think of at this point is maybe i have a bad file or my platinum finally died.

What satellite/s are you pointing at! What channels are missing :)

i am testing satmex right now but i am going to test other sats. my point is that i did a factory default so i dont have no channels right now. i want to do a scan but i cant cause there is no signal going to my platinum. i am a dtv subscriber so i disconnected my platinum and hooked up my dtv box and went to my signal stregth and it seems like my lnb is trying to talk to my box so it tells me my cable and lnb is working. i rehooked my platinum and i tried 5 different lnbs and nothing. when i have a lnb hooked and went to my platinum atenna setup the q&s should at least be in red. it is stuck on zero the whole time. i tested my cable and it tested good.
before i disconnected my platinum yesturday it was working great but when i connected back up is when it was giving me trouble.

thanks for your help

Since you will not answer any of the many PM or pager messages I am closing this until you contact me.

"i downloaded it from someone from . someone that is high up there. i dont just download from anyone. i assume you got a platinum, i was wondering if you can read your box and send meall your files.

satinfo, pgm, ect...

thanks for all your help"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)