No Skeeters on EquatorHD!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
WooHoo!!! Dish does it right! Looks like the problem was on the Voom end, EquatorHD looks fabulous on Dish. :D

DarrellP said:
WooHoo!!! Dish does it right! Looks like the problem was on the Voom end, EquatorHD looks fabulous on Dish. :D

Ok thats what we needed to here!! Thanks i have been waiting for THIS!!!!!:):yes

Boy if Darrel P can say that ....it must be something.

I woudn't count all the marbels until you see the EYE OVER series. This is where the mosquito noise was more pronounced. In the other shows, you would have to look for it. So don't count victory yet.

DarrellP said:
DarrellP, there are no more skeeters on VOOM either... ;)

Sean, I watched a Smart Travels on Equator and it was solid, no noise at all and on Voom, Smart Travels looked absolutely awful, so I do not think the Eye Over series will suffer, but we shall see. This morning, there was a Smart Travels on HDNET and Equator at the same time. I flipped between the two and HDNET was just a tad sharper. I'm sure that's due to Equator probably sharing a Tp with 2 other channels and HDNET is only 2.

No Skeeters on EquatorHD!!!! But if there are no Skeeters...

DarrellP said:

how will we be able to enjoy and the great outdoor shots on Equator?

Thanks again, Darrell, for your perspective even if you do live in Western Oregon!

Still enjoying OTA FM under mostly cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

Watch Eye Over England this morning and the mosquito noise was there and very noticeable. This implies that it was not the channel bandwith or resolution but the production HD content itself.

Sean Mota said:
I woudn't count all the marbels until you see the EYE OVER series. This is where the mosquito noise was more pronounced. In the other shows, you would have to look for it. So don't count victory yet.
Eye over being shot from helos must be using smaller hand held equipment then some of the others,maybe the type camera makes the difference-like a sideline handheld HD never looks as good as the one in the booth

I believe you Sean, but 90% of the noise that was on Equator when it showed on Voom is no longer there on Dish, so what does that mean? I do see a touch of noise, but it is drastically reduced. Just watch Smart Travels when they show an interior of a cathedral or any show with forest scenes, there is no noise.

I have not seen any difference with the mosquito noise on the EYE OVER series now on Dish. I do not hear the complaints....

Nice Avatar, Sean. Do you have a contact at EquatorHD to talk to about the noise? They've been on the air almost a year, there should be no excuse for this.

I still hold firm that the noise is much reduced from what it was. Yes, the "Over" series is still noisey, but not nearly as bad as it was, IMHO.

Other shows I've watched have been pristine, crystal clear presentations, so it must not be a bandwidth issue anymore.

Those shows are leased by whomever produced them (NHK or others). The new production like "Earth Diaries" there is no noise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)