No Way That Could Work! -The FTA Mad Scientist Thread-

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I remember somehow stumbling on that website a few years ago. IIRR, their specs are questionable.
The Most Effective Small Multi Feed Lens Antenna Model: HSP 40ADiameter of the Lens = 40cm
The diameter of the active metal plane reflector = 40cm only
No use for any extended ground plane around the lens
Full weight of the antenna = 13 kg
Type
Multi-Feed Antenna up to 8 L.N.B`s
Antenna Gain = 33.8 dbi @12 GHZ / 34.2 dbi @12.7 GHZ
Antenna Efficiency = 95% the same @ 360 degree Azimuth
Suitable & Enough for 47/48 dbw & more (EIRB)
Suitable for reception of satellite signals in most countries of world wide
Aperture at -3db = 3 degree
Full resistance to all influences of weather
The Full cost of production for a complete Set in my workshop in Cairo ? Egypt
Complete Set = Lens antenna + 6 L.N.B`s + DISEQc switch 49 Euro = 64 US $ = 350 LE
The cost of production could be decreased also in mass production
This means that it is possible to reach this product by the consumer at a reasonable price
Whatever LE is?- - Complete Set = Lens antenna + 6 L.N.B`s + DISEQc switch 49 Euro = 64 US $ = 350 LE
I have a hard time believing Antenna Efficiency = 95%
That must be 95% of what his expectations were. And with "Aperture at -3db = 3 degree" it's a bit wide for 2° spaced satellites. Think the only place they'd work here is on some of the DSS satellites.

Why the need for 6 lnb's if it only has a 3 degree beamwidth? That's only two satellites. Also, 40 centimeters is 15-3/4 inches, so less than 1/2 the size of a standard KU fta dish.

Three degrees is the area of sky that's in focus. If it's spherical, you could put an LNB anywhere and it would focus on whatever was on the opposite side of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.