No Whitesox in HD on 429? ADD HD RSNS ALLREADY!

Bob
Your sig allowed me to bold a few things....the channels that are on Directv ;)

AND? Who cares if they are on Directv, They should be on dish! Competition is a wonderful thing, add the channels people want and have a real price comparison. If they are on Directv they should be on dish! It says volumes about dish when every provider carrys those channels but dish refuses too! The common denominator is DISH!

Just telling you they are available on Directv

Who cares if they are on Directv,
obviously you dont but for lots of folks they probably do. I went to D* mainly for the MLB Network. Oh by the way 2 of those things wont be on Dish anytime soon and thats MLB Net & EI because Charlie is TOO CHEAP to carry them.

They should be on dish!
I want to win the powerball too but I dont see that happening anytime soon ;)

If they are on Directv they should be on dish!
yep...good theory there :rolleyes: Kinda like the old "well Jimmy has it I want it too" theory

It says volumes about dish when every provider carrys those channels but dish refuses too! The common denominator is DISH!
yep. you're right. So you got a couple options
-come to Directv and get them NOW
-sit with Dish and piss and moan when you have to play Russian roulette with HD and the RSN's

Oh by the way 2 of those things wont be on Dish anytime soon and thats MLB Net & EI because Charlie is TOO CHEAP to carry them.

and according to Scott, ESPNU too.

Thats the wrong answer!

It's not the wrong answer. It's not the answer you want to hear but face it if you want SPORTS, you need to go with Directv.

yep. Why do sports fans torture themselves by going with Dish?
Sad part is Bob is smart enough to do his homework so he isnt like a newbie and do the infamous "I got Dish now why can't I watch the Yankees on YES" mistake? ;)

I think the point Bob is trying to make is if Dish has a channel that is set aside for HD (example: CSN-Chicago or any other RSN with a HD counterpart for that matter), then they need to use it!

Now if we are talking about MLB Network or EI, then yes I agree, Directv should be your destination...

Given some of the E14 spots that are lighting up, I'm thinking we might see some HD RSNs on spots. Get some of them off competing for TP space would help.

Could part of the problem be that Dish uses 2 archs and Direct does not. If Dish wanted to carry an RSN in HD full time then would they contractualy have to have it available on both archs. That way a multisport sub in LA can watch non Mets games on SNY in HD, like they can in SD? Just a thought.

I'm on a mission to check every game, every day!!

GAMES NOT ON DISH HD BUT AVAILABLE IN HD FOR 4/12/2010

ASTRO VS CARDS FSNMW
WIZARDS VS KNICKS CSNMAHD
WHITESOX VS BLUEJAYS CSNCHHD
RAPTORS VS PISTONS FOXDTHD
RANGERS VS INDIANS STOHHD
REDSOX VS TWINS FSN NORTH HD

I watched the Twins game on FSN in HD here on channel 436. 722 receiver, Dish 1000.4 (Eastern Arc).

I'm with goaliebob on this issue. I'm on the west coast and while we miss some games in HD entirely we also get some games joined-in-progress (jipped). This is completely unacceptable and my only real issue with Dish Network. It's time to get the HD RSN's on 24/7. One thing I don't see talked about is how much programming on these channels (at least on mine-CSN Bay Area and CSN California) other than live games is also in HD. My local HD RSN's produce a lot of content other than games in HD and I can't see any of it. I want this content as well as every game in HD. Make it happen ASAP!

I watched the Twins game on FSN in HD here on channel 436. 722 receiver, Dish 1000.4 (Eastern Arc).

I watched it in HD also on FSN North ch 436 and according to the guide the next two games on Wed and Thurs afternoon will also be in HD. Now once the NHL and NBA playoffs began it may be a different story when in comes to showing the Twins in HD.

I think the point Bob is trying to make is if Dish has a channel that is set aside for HD (example: CSN-Chicago or any other RSN with a HD counterpart for that matter), then they need to use it!

Now if we are talking about MLB Network or EI, then yes I agree, Directv should be your destination...
Couldn't have said it better myself!! :up

Not to add fuel to the fire....but I was able to test the home and away feeds in HD last night from MLB.com. Looked pretty good. Might be a good alternative if you need all the games in HD and don't want to use DirecTV.

I watched the Astros vs Cardinals yesterday in HD from fox sports south. First time I've seen the Cards in HD on FSS.

bobl said:
I'm with goaliebob on this issue. I'm on the west coast and while we miss some games in HD entirely we also get some games joined-in-progress (jipped). This is completely unacceptable and my only real issue with Dish Network. It's time to get the HD RSN's on 24/7. One thing I don't see talked about is how much programming on these channels (at least on mine-CSN Bay Area and CSN California) other than live games is also in HD. My local HD RSN's produce a lot of content other than games in HD and I can't see any of it. I want this content as well as every game in HD. Make it happen ASAP!
Amen! Couldn't of said it better myself!

bobl said:

Amen couldn't said it better myself!

I sent my monthly complaint about the lack of ANY MASNHD and got a reply that was more on point for why DISH does the HD shuffle than why they don't carry MASNHD at all:

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your feedback.

We currently offer 26 HD regional sports networks across the country in a live, game-only fashion. We support these broadcasts using a pool of “source” channels, a configuration that allows us to air more games than we have full-time bandwidth available. The issue is that when the schedule of simultaneous games is more than we have room to support within this pool, we are forced to drop pre & post game shows, portions of game broadcasts, or full game broadcasts. The times of the year when the schedules are so full to the point of being problematic are during MLB season, particularly in the early part when the NHL and NBA seasons (and early playoff rounds) are all going on simultaneously.

We take great care to accommodate as much of the live HD content available to us from the sports networks, but there are constraints. When we are in a position to have to drop or JIP games, we rotate through the networks/teams as much as possible so as not to affect any one group of viewers more than any other, but there is only so much we can do with regards to the long running or rain delayed games that run prior to the west coast games.

The constraints with which we are working are also what prevent us from airing additional non-live game content that some of the networks are producing. We would very much like to move towards full-time HD broadcasting for each of the regional sports networks that we carry, but that is not currently possible due to our current satellite capacity and the fact that the majority of these networks are not full-time HD themselves. As that changes and the industry matures in this aspect, we hope to be able to support much more completely, but we have made the business decision that the current economics do not justify this, particularly when it comes at the expense of other national HD channels that we could carry to our entire subscriber base.

Please contact me if have any additional questions or would like to discuss this matter further.

Thank you,

Angeline Romero

Executive Communications

DISH Network Corporation

I emailed her back to explain that I wasn't asking about the lack of 24/7 but the lack any HD programming from my RSN. I'll see if I get a reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
we hope to be able to support much more completely, but we have made the business decision that the current economics do not justify this, particularly when it comes at the expense of other national HD channels that we could carry to our entire subscriber base.

There's the key quote. Don't get me wrong I want MLB and my local RSN HD 24/7 but that's not going to be possible with Dish Network, not for now. That's why I keep saying if you want Sports, go with Directv. That's probably why Directv doesn't have the Movie channels in HD, they made the decision to go with the Sport channels and Dish made the decision to go with the Movie channels.

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your feedback.

We currently offer 26 HD regional sports networks across the country in a live, game-only fashion. We support these broadcasts using a pool of “source” channels, a configuration that allows us to air more games than we have full-time bandwidth available. The issue is that when the schedule of simultaneous games is more than we have room to support within this pool, we are forced to drop pre & post game shows, portions of game broadcasts, or full game broadcasts. The times of the year when the schedules are so full to the point of being problematic are during MLB season, particularly in the early part when the NHL and NBA seasons (and early playoff rounds) are all going on simultaneously.

We take great care to accommodate as much of the live HD content available to us from the sports networks, but there are constraints. When we are in a position to have to drop or JIP games, we rotate through the networks/teams as much as possible so as not to affect any one group of viewers more than any other, but there is only so much we can do with regards to the long running or rain delayed games that run prior to the west coast games.

The constraints with which we are working are also what prevent us from airing additional non-live game content that some of the networks are producing. We would very much like to move towards full-time HD broadcasting for each of the regional sports networks that we carry, but that is not currently possible due to our current satellite capacity and the fact that the majority of these networks are not full-time HD themselves. As that changes and the industry matures in this aspect, we hope to be able to support much more completely, but we have made the business decision that the current economics do not justify this, particularly when it comes at the expense of other national HD channels that we could carry to our entire subscriber base.

All of this extra shuffling, swapping and JIP'ing could be avoided if Dish would just dedicate a little bit more TP space to HD RSN's. Digiblur can correct me if I'm wrong but they DO currently have the capacity to do this, they're just choosing not to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts