No wonder adelphia is still rated worst in the country!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Here we go again.... Man are they starting to piss me off.

First it was the technical problems..those have continued. Every week or so my box magically gets unauthorized and I have to call in and have them zap it. I guess I've gotten used to that so it doesn't bother me as much.

Now I have a problem with their billing and the rates they quoted me.

Here's the scoop: I was initially quoted 81.15 for the full package. I asked several times to make sure it included everything..HD, DVR, the works... They confirmed it several times.

I also decided to get high speed internet through them. I got a call from a company about 3 weeks ago offering me adelphia internet for 19.95/mo. I wasn't happy with adelphia in general so I said no. Well, after looking at my options, I realized I would save 30/mo by switching from bellsouth DSL, and another 30/mo by switching my phone service from bell to sunrocket VOIP. I called adelphia back to order internet. I asked about the 19.95/mo offer and the rep said that's a 3rd party company that offers it and they can't match it. I ask what's the best they can do. She tells me 21/mo. Great!! I sign up.

Well, today I'm looking at my bill and was a bit perplexed...I'm being billed 86.15 for cable, and 23.85 for internet. So I call customer service...after half hour on the phone and speaking to a supervisor, here's their story. When I initially signed up for cable, it appears the rep conveniently failed to take into account a 5/mo charge for the HD Plus tier and that's where the 5.00 difference is for the cable. They apologize for their representative's error, but there is nothing they can do. As for internet, well....that rep apparently made a mistake too. They used to have internet service for 21/mo, but not any more. The rep apparently got confused. Again, they apologize for the rep's error, but there is nothing they can do. It is what it is.

So, I'm subscribing to every single goddamn thing these people have and sending them almost 110.00/mo, yet they refuse to honor the prices I was quoted. Basically "we made a mistake, it's your problem." What the f**k?!?!?!!??! I realize it's only a 2.80/mo difference for internet and 5.00/mo difference for cable, but dammit that's already an 8/mo difference from what I was originally quoted.

I have a good mind to cancel, but I already cancelled my bellsouth DSL and am still looking at a 50/mo savings by keeping this god awful company for cable and internet, and using sunrocket voip for phone.

Anyways, to those people who say adelphia is great, I say you are veeeery lucky you haven't been screwed by them. My HDDVR is always having problems, and they outright lied to me on the rates. At least my internet has been reliable.

And that's my story for the week. Adelphia sucked before, they suck now, and they will continue to suck!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts