This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Noise level on different DVR versions

artisticcheese

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 10, 2005
Hi,

I used replayTV before and got used to DVR being completely off when not in use. I have currently Dish 501 and it's much worse then my old ReplayTV as far as noise is corncerned since even pression "power" button do not turn it off completetely immediately. It takes another 15-20 minutes to shut it down. It also has significant low frequency noise (most likely power block).
This week I'm upgrading to Dish 625 and corncerned about noise level of this new hardware.
If somebody had both (Dish 501 and Dish 625) can you comment as far as noise is corncerned and ability to completely power down a unit when not in use.
This DVR is in a bedroom and during night time any noise is very noticable.

Each individual unit has different noise characteristics, two 522's side by side will have different noise levels. No DISH Network DVR shuts off the only way you can shut them off is pull the plug or put them on a switched outlet. The DVRs will turn off the video output but the fan and hard drive is never OFF. The fan will cycle with internal temperature and the hard drive records programming guide information when"off".