non-penetrating slanted roof mount for AT9 dish??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sefemma

Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Cambridge, MA
Is there a non-penetrating roof mount kit (or other things) to install the AT9 5-LNB dish on a (new) slanted roof?

Thanks for any help.
Sharon

Do you have a chimney or an eave? They make special mounts for these locations that do not penetrate the roof.

That's an idea too

I do have a chimney and eave.

The thing about keeping th Five-LNB dish on the slanted roof is that we have amazing reception from the current Three-LNB so I wanted to duplicate that location;

and also
the current placement (while very high up from the ground, on the slanted section of the roof on our 3-family house in the city Cambridge) is very accessible because it can be easily reached from a 4th-floor attic roof deck.

I'm just concerned about the integrity of the roof.

sefemma said:
I'm just concerned about the integrity of the roof.

This is not going to be your problem.

sefemma said:
it can be easily reached from a 4th-floor attic roof deck.

that is going to be your problem. Most installers don't like to get over 10 feet and will make up any excuse not to.

Since when are sleds only for flat roofs??

That's news to me.

Been in the commercial roofing biz for a "few" years, sleds are used quite often on steep slope roofs for commercial satellite applications.

The Ballast (blocks) are strapped onto the sled to keep them from sliding out of their cradles.

Most (not all) sleds are adaptable to be used on steep slope roofs. You straddle the ridge with the center of the mount. Most are hinged in at least two pieces to be able to do this.

talos4 said:
Since when are sleds only for flat roofs??

That's news to me.

Been in the commercial roofing biz for a "few" years, sleds are used quite often on steep slope roofs for commercial satellite applications.

The Ballast (blocks) are strapped onto the sled to keep them from sliding out of their cradles.

Most (not all) sleds are adaptable to be used on steep slope roofs. You straddle the ridge with the center of the mount. Most are hinged in at least two pieces to be able to do this.

This is true. What you discribe is a ridge mount.

http://www.bairdsatellitesupports.com/pdfs/ss-rm_ridgemount.pdf

A roof mount will not fold like this. Most ridge mounts are used on hotals that do not have a flat roof.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)