Non-Stop Stutterin only 2 hours until Boxing

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Ok, I've emailed Wilt because when there's clouds in the skies I lose signal or drop lots of frames. He said "He'd look into it" and the next time I called Voom they said that I could get an antenna upgrade. Now I don't know if this is because of the firmware or not, but I've been having nonstop framedrops for two days and stuttering. There was light rain off and on for the last two days. But today it's not raining, just some clouds in the sky. Of course every time a tech comes out they tell me they know nothing about a dish upgrade and that they have to pay for it out of their own pocket, even though it's listed on the work order. Here it is fight night and every channel, HD or SD stutters and drops frames every 5-7 minutes. Freakin' A man...

Try switching to a strong OTA station and then return to the satellite station by entering its number on the remote (not by using ChUp/ChDn). Worked for me.

Actually while I was waiting around I switched to the Voom 999 channel and I got no drops.. I switched back and it's fine. No more stutters whats the deal with this, a bug with channel up and down?

Yes it's a bug. If the last tuned OTA channel has unstable signal it somehow affects your reception on satellite channels. So if you go down to 999, your last tuned channel is 3.1 (or whatever your smallest channel number is). If you go ChUp to 100, your last tuned OTA channel is something different...
See this thread for details.