Noob HD FTA questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gunny_Highway

Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Lake City, FL
Highly ignorant questions, I'm sure, but I just cant seem to find them specifically answered in any previous threads I've searched on HD FTA.

I'm interested in FTA for ABC/NBC/CBS HD feeds (other than my local OTA feeds). Are literally all "local" networks that broadcast in HD available on C and/or Ku bands, or just a few? And if so, are all of them unencrypted?

Seems it would be a great way to get local sports feeds from an out of town location. Am I dreaming? If not, is the Integra IT912s the best/only way to go?

Is there any site that lists FTA HD channels for North America? Lyngsat isnt telling me what I want to know (am I using it improperly?)

Most of the HD feeds are on C-Band DVB and are mostly 4:2:2

So you'd need a Bud, DVB PCI-Card and software to decode 4:2:2

ABC/CBS/UPN/WB are all up there in QPSK but NBC is 8PSK so you wont be able to receive that. You'll also be able to get the live sports feeds for all the HD games that are transmitted via satellite.

Plus with 4DTV you'll be able to receive the Wealth TV HD channel and Nebraska Education Television HD (PBS which is also on Ku)

Just a heads up in the above....4DTV will only descramble Digicipher II encryption. DVB is the other and you would need a different receievr.

As BFG said, a PC card with the right software can decode 4:2:2. The receivers that can do this are about 2 grand, so the card is the best option :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)