Noob question about motorized system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigkid47

Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
Hi, I've just bought and installed a Viewsat Xtreme with universal LNBF, motor and dish.
I live in West Monroe, NY and satfinder software tells me to look for a sat called GOES12, but it does not come up on my sat listings.
So I tried the closest one to true south that was listed, SBS6, I could not get a signal and gave up, for now. I've since noticed that if I play around with the transponder and LNBF High setting on the VS, I can get some sats to come in and have ID. so...
1.) Should I turn off the LNB power when setting up?
2.) Are the settings in the viewsat bogus?

Also, the manual for the motor is very confusing regarding setting the dish angle. The manual says I should have a 30 deg declination angle on the dish. It later shows a chart that lists declination angle based on latitude (mine would be 23.4). So...
What's the correct angle for the dish?
30 deg would be too easy, so I have a feeling it's going to be 23.4, because the mounting hardware interferes with the post and won't let me go any lower than 30 deg. I'll probably have to disassemble, rework the mount, and reassemble. So all I need on this one is someone to confirm my pessimism. :)

Finally, I'm assuming since I bought a universal LNBF, I don't need to use a DiSeq switch, correct?

Sorry for the long, first post, but I mounted this thing to my roof, and I'm tired of climbing with very little to show for it.

Thanks
Bob

You should try posting this in the Free To Air (FTA) Discussion section of the Television Choices section. You will get better/quicker responces.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts