Norsat KU PLL Gain 55 dB and vs a normal PLL KU LNBF?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john_robot

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Hi, Do you see any noticeable gain difference with very low signals?. I like to compare high quality LNB like Norsat PLL vs Geosat PLL KU LNBF.

Like to hear your experience and technical side too. I'm especially concerned about very low signal stability.

What size and shape dish? The GeoSat has a built in feed horn for offset Ku dishes. The Norsat will need a proper feed horn for the type dish it is mounted to.

Its for 10ft prime focus dish. Lets assume we have proper feedhorn for Norsat.

Ok lets say we modified the KU lnbf by cutting the neck and fix a proper C band scalar ring. Because my brief testing i found cheap LNBF performs better than expensive Norsat. How is that possible ?

Ok lets say we modified the KU lnbf by cutting the neck and fix a proper C band scalar ring. Because my brief testing i found cheap LNBF performs better than expensive Norsat. How is that possible ?
I have been in this same situation and asked the same question. Short answer; it's possible because there is a lot more science to capturing a satellite signal than most people are aware of. Further testing found my initial results an unreliable indicator of overall performance.

I use two ten foot C-Band dishes for both C/Ku. Both have a BullsEye II dual ortho feed horn. One has expensive Norsat PLL LNBs and the other has less expensive Norsat DRO LNBS, the DROs seem to work better on KU in this case. But there is no real discernible difference for the money.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)