Northern Locations-Still need 2 Dishes for Sat 119 & 110?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

theyukonkid

Original poster
Jul 26, 2009
the Alaskan Bush
Brevig Mission is located at 65.334235~N 166.492952~W

Near Nome, Alaska

I heard there was suppose to be a sat. launch that would solve this 2 Dish problem.

Any input would be nice.

Thanks

yes you will need 2 dishes.
The one dish solution was for Puerto Rico

119 has the "core" programming and 110 has the HD/some additional channels

because the HD is on a spotbeam you might be able to get away with a smaller dish than the "normal" dishes

the spotbeam signal is aimed directly at Alaska versus the lower 48

I wonder if you can get by with a 30 or 36" if you wanted just the spotbeamed stuff?

I remember when Puerto Rico put up their SD locals on spotbeam folks got acceptable results with a 18" dish (but no other programming on 110) ;)

I wonder if you can get by with a 30 or 36" if you wanted just the spotbeamed stuff?

I remember when Puerto Rico put up their SD locals on spotbeam folks got acceptable results with a 18" dish (but no other programming on 110) ;)

I see 30 and 36 inch ones around town, but don't know anyone that has one. Everyone I know with Dish has at least a 48 inch.

My hope was that a 30'' or 36'' would do. Its a lot cheaper to ship!

I've been able to pick used dishes locally. I have not found anyone who will ship a 6 foot dish to me.

Have you looked at the spot beam map on the "The List!" tab? That will give you an idea of the signal pattern for your site.

Go to the List.

Click on Subscription list Home.

Select the satellite you wish to explore.

Find the Alaska spotbeams.

The Beam column has all the spotbeam and conus beam maps for that satellite.

For instance Number 5121 on E10 @ 110 is a spotbeam for Juneau, and the map shows spots 46 and 47 for Alaska and Hawaii.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts