Not a Good Start Dish Network...:mad:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just remember techs. When you mark no problem found, or just "ra" the reciever, it knocks the agent that scheduled that appointment. And that's one thing that affects promotions and raises. I don't know how many times I went back into the account to see the work the tech did, and saw that he replaced the node and marked it as a replacement reciever. Or that he had to change the hdmi cable, and marked it replacement reciever. I understand what you are wanting to do, but atleast mark it something mutually beneficial. Like "changed node".

Marking of what the problem to most techs that know to at least put something down even if nothing just to ensure that nobody gets hit however, the last few CSR's I've talked to personally face to face admit that they are quick on the TC/RC12 button as the calls are timed. Its a lose lose situation for all with Dish, and something has to be done IMO if they wish to get out of the #1 worst company to work for slot.

Still, I'm quick to do a RA Receiver vs try to replace it with one I have or wait on one. The time you lose and the money you lose doing otherwise is just horrible and you are already back against the wall when the day starts. Its getting near 100 degrees - most of your work is outside so sitting in a little box and getting a few small hits for small issues is nothing when you've worked in that heat, combination of home conditions that are sometimes crossing the bio hazard lines. Try doing these jobs in this heat with urine everywhere (no pets around), roaches crawling everywhere (yep, they jump on you) and if they do have pets the normal many many piles of crap you gotta dodge because people just don't care.

Reactions: bigjohnok
Marking of what the problem to most techs that know to at least put something down even if nothing just to ensure that nobody gets hit however, the last few CSR's I've talked to personally face to face admit that they are quick on the TC/RC12 button as the calls are timed. Its a lose lose situation for all with Dish, and something has to be done IMO if they wish to get out of the #1 worst company to work for slot.

Still, I'm quick to do a RA Receiver vs try to replace it with one I have or wait on one. The time you lose and the money you lose doing otherwise is just horrible and you are already back against the wall when the day starts. Its getting near 100 degrees - most of your work is outside so sitting in a little box and getting a few small hits for small issues is nothing when you've worked in that heat, combination of home conditions that are sometimes crossing the bio hazard lines. Try doing these jobs in this heat with urine everywhere (no pets around), roaches crawling everywhere (yep, they jump on you) and if they do have pets the normal many many piles of crap you gotta dodge because people just don't care.

There's no such thing as a "TC/RC12" button for a CSR. A Dish CSR has a single choice when setting up a tech visit, to select it (other than custom work, but that is a whole different ballgame). Now, if it is inside the warranty period since the last tech was out, the agent will have another pop-up that asks if this is a warranty call. Simple yes/no. If it is not, it's charged to the customer as a standard tech call, meaning $95/$10/$0 depending on circumstances. If it is a warranty call, there is a $0 cost to the customer. The agent is trained that if this call is directly tied to the previous issue when a tech was out, and it is inside the warranty window, they are going to select YES for warranty call. That is a valid choice.

Dish agents are not going to rush and set up a tech, if they're competent, and following their resource to solve tech issues. That resource has specific information about when (after what has been done in troubleshooting) to set up a tech visit. Dish agent are also measured (as has been mentioned) on tech visits, how many are "valid" versus "invalid". For advanced tech support agents, that is a critical measurement. Their manager is going to look at that report almost daily. A advanced tech support agent that sets up a whole lot of crappy, invalid tech visits is going to get a very serious talking to if they want to keep their job. Are calls timed? Yes, absolutely. But a tech visit costs the company a lot of money, the company would rather an agent solve it over the phone as opposed to sending a tech out, and a good tech agent that avoids a lot of unnecessary tech visits will be recognized for doing their job correctly. (Five minutes more on the phone costs a whole lot less than a tech visit)

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

There's no such thing as a "TC/RC12" button for a CSR. A Dish CSR has a single choice when setting up a tech visit, to select it (other than custom work, but that is a whole different ballgame). Now, if it is inside the warranty period since the last tech was out, the agent will have another pop-up that asks if this is a warranty call. Simple yes/no. If it is not, it's charged to the customer as a standard tech call, meaning $95/$10/$0 depending on circumstances. If it is a warranty call, there is a $0 cost to the customer. The agent is trained that if this call is directly tied to the previous issue when a tech was out, and it is inside the warranty window, they are going to select YES for warranty call. That is a valid choice.

Dish agents are not going to rush and set up a tech, if they're competent, and following their resource to solve tech issues. That resource has specific information about when (after what has been done in troubleshooting) to set up a tech visit. Dish agent are also measured (as has been mentioned) on tech visits, how many are "valid" versus "invalid". For advanced tech support agents, that is a critical measurement. Their manager is going to look at that report almost daily. A advanced tech support agent that sets up a whole lot of crappy, invalid tech visits is going to get a very serious talking to if they want to keep their job. Are calls timed? Yes, absolutely. But a tech visit costs the company a lot of money, the company would rather an agent solve it over the phone as opposed to sending a tech out, and a good tech agent that avoids a lot of unnecessary tech visits will be recognized for doing their job correctly. (Five minutes more on the phone costs a whole lot less than a tech visit)

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way.

The average tech appointment, after all is said and done, for a tech just to knock on the door is $200. Any work performed the price continues to climb. That's why invalids are measured so heavily. All we are saying is, if you repealed the dish, mark it that you repealed the dish, instead of marking "replaced reciever". Or if you had to change cables, go with that. That way, you win, they win, and everyone plays nicely.

When you replace a receiver, it needs to be activated under it's new numbers. It seems to me that the record should show that non activation means that a receiver wasn't replaced. If a tech says he/she replaced a receiver without activation, I'd wonder how that was done.....

We are starting to give the dish beurocracy way to much credit on that one. Lol. Jk. But seriously, with that much going on, I don't think comparing an act coated reciever to a trouble call, will ever happen for agent specific metrics. They don't care enough to make it matter

I hear ya and I understand what you are saying from a CSR side - but I'm speaking from a Tech side. I had so many TC's in a month that I got dropped a pay grade once and each and every single one of them was for something stupid ranging from got a new remote after the first visit and couldn't program it or refused to over the phone - SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUSTOM WORK - MAKE THEM PAY! or dropped the remotes on the floor batteries fell out and they put them in backwards so the customer is too stupid to rearrange them properly so TC here it comes... - SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUSTOM WORK - MAKE THEM PAY! or their kids hit the dish or they hit it and refuse to pay right after the first visit as they lie, threaten to cancel or whatever so another TC here it comes!

I mean I could go on and on about how many TC's I've seen over the years go on me and others, ohh lets not forget the failed receiver a few days after you put it in.... where in the hell does it say that is a valid warranty call that punishes the tech????? WTF!!? See this system works against everyone and Dish knows it and this is why I hope to hell they stay the #1 worst company to work for tilll the day I die!

From the stories I've seen from techs who get dinged for non-install related stuff, I think it's funny that they've in turn found a way to get back at CSRs!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

From the stories I've seen from techs who get dinged for non-install related stuff, I think it's funny that they've in turn found a way to get back at CSRs!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

It's not really a tech vs. CSR thing, at least it shouldn't be. It should be whoever does the measurement, and who decides who gets docked for what. Techs aren't causing problems for the CSRs, the people who measure the stats are. If a customer has an obsolete receiver that the system requires a tech out to replace, when it's coded as "replaced receiver" by the tech (which is the correct coding), it counts against the CSR (counted as a trouble call with no problem found), and that makes no sense. Not the fault of the tech. I won't get into all the inside baseball involved in the stats, but the people who measure it know this, and shrug it off, and say they account for it in their goals for the CSR.

Same goes for a lot of the things I hear about techs being docked for lack of connectivity (even if the customer doesn't have internet). Those doing the measurement are the ones that are making a mess of this. Same thing goes if a tech really does get marked up for the customer having NLOS and the install can't be completed.

Reactions: ChadT41
It's not really a tech vs. CSR thing, at least it shouldn't be. It should be whoever does the measurement, and who decides who gets docked for what. Techs aren't causing problems for the CSRs, the people who measure the stats are. If a customer has an obsolete receiver that the system requires a tech out to replace, when it's coded as "replaced receiver" by the tech (which is the correct coding), it counts against the CSR (counted as a trouble call with no problem found), and that makes no sense. Not the fault of the tech. I won't get into all the inside baseball involved in the stats, but the people who measure it know this, and shrug it off, and say they account for it in their goals for the CSR.

Same goes for a lot of the things I hear about techs being docked for lack of connectivity (even if the customer doesn't have internet). Those doing the measurement are the ones that are making a mess of this. Same thing goes if a tech really does get marked up for the customer having NLOS and the install can't be completed.

Yep, the ones making these stats and measurements are doing so to save Dish money and to do that they rip off the CSR's and Field Techs plaine and simple! I could see a inspection going on every so often but that should be the only thing that ever counts against a field tech and none of this nonsense that you have no control over such as selling crap, connectivity, return visits in less than 12 days or whatever...none of that you can really control.

Like a computer, if something is to die, it will happen within the first month of use. Be happy the hard drive didn't die after you filled it up.

DISH doesn't make the hard drives and this kind of failure while rare does happen, its a mechanical device. I wouldn't be mad at DISH. (Although if they could get you one faster it would be nice) :)

One of the nice things about the Hopper is you can still watch TV even when the hard drive is dead. That's something i find cool. :D

The man has spoken... You really cant get mad at dish for a harddrive issue. Dish does everything the can to avoid these problems but acasionally it does happen. The RA process is actually great because it does not hurt your tech and Dish also takes care of their customer by even paying the shipping both ways "and thats not cheap"

Reactions: SomeDishGuy
The man has spoken... You really cant get mad at dish for a harddrive issue. Dish does everything the can to avoid these problems but acasionally it does happen. The RA process is actually great because it does not hurt your tech and Dish also takes care of their customer by even paying the shipping both ways "and thats not cheap"

I get at least one RA assist job a week, most rotations in a 2-3, because honestly the majority of the people in that live in the podunk part of the country where I work are not tech savy.

I think any tech in his right mind would rather do a RA assist then a TC on themselves. lol...
not when you region you cover is basically a quarter of the state, I hate driving a hour or longer for a 12 point job.
Although now I am protected class of employee due to a recent medical diagnosis so points per hour and the rest of the metric system cant be enforced as strict as Dish likes. They are now forced to provide reasonable accommodations as stated by the ADA.

When you replace a receiver, it needs to be activated under it's new numbers. It seems to me that the record should show that non activation means that a receiver wasn't replaced. If a tech says he/she replaced a receiver without activation, I'd wonder how that was done.....
If I understand this "game" correctly, they do in fact swap out receivers and when they do so, they don't necessarily log any other work they may have done (imagine it was the original installer who got the trouble call and he/she found a connector or two that he/she didn't install right - just making up a scenario). They fix that and if they log that, the original installer gets dinged. To cover that, they swap receivers and it looks like the receiver was the problem -- something the installer better not get blamed for.

The RA process is actually great....
To the customer, and I think many will agree, it's too slow though. This is especially true for anyone who has had cable TV service. The cablecos have offices and now "stores" where you can swap equipment quickly and easily*. I know from my experience (just under two years) with cable DVRs, they gave NO warning when the HDD was going to die. With Dish's DVRs, they tend to act up by acting glitchy with anything related to pausing, rewinding, playback, etc. That alone isn't a guarantee it's going to die either, so you almost have to wait until it gets worse and finally, it spits out an error code confirming the HDD is dead. Then the wait begins... In my experience, you'll be without a working receiver for a minimum of (3) days and up to (5) won't be uncommon. That starts when you call (for me, it's always in the late afternoon or evening), I've never seen "same-day shipping" that I can recall, and unless you pay extra, they ship by UPS Ground. For my location, that's (2) more days. That all said, I personally could care less if I couldn't watch TV for a few days or more. A lot of people can't say that though.... ;)

* Back when Dish took over Blockbuster, there was talk of allowing customers to swap receivers through these stores. That was the only good thing I saw from that adventure.

To the customer, and I think many will agree, it's too slow though. This is especially true for anyone who has had cable TV service. The cablecos have offices and now "stores" where you can swap equipment quickly and easily*. I know from my experience (just under two years) with cable DVRs, they gave NO warning when the HDD was going to die. With Dish's DVRs, they tend to act up by acting glitchy with anything related to pausing, rewinding, playback, etc. That alone isn't a guarantee it's going to die either, so you almost have to wait until it gets worse and finally, it spits out an error code confirming the HDD is dead. Then the wait begins... In my experience, you'll be without a working receiver for a minimum of (3) days and up to (5) won't be uncommon. That starts when you call (for me, it's always in the late afternoon or evening), I've never seen "same-day shipping" that I can recall, and unless you pay extra, they ship by UPS Ground. For my location, that's (2) more days. That all said, I personally could care less if I couldn't watch TV for a few days or more. A lot of people can't say that though.... ;)

* Back when Dish took over Blockbuster, there was talk of allowing customers to swap receivers through these stores. That was the only good thing I saw from that adventure.

This is where the Authorized Dish Retailer comes in. If my customer has a bad receiver I take one out of inventory and swap it out at there house or the customer can come to me and I'll swap it out for them. Of course we charge a fee for this if the equipment is past so many days old or if the customer did not get their equipment from us originally.

Reactions: lparsons21
To the best of my knowledge, there are none around here. The "local retailer" look-up at Dish's website is full of a cellphone store chain that I assure you has no Dish equipment available. Speaking strictly from a customer's standpoint, there should be no fee to swap "your" broken equipment (you = Dish ... in the customer's eye). That said, if the fee was low enough, I'd probably be okay with paying it strictly for the convenience factor.

To the best of my knowledge, there are none around here. The "local retailer" look-up at Dish's website is full of a cellphone store chain that I assure you has no Dish equipment available. Speaking strictly from a customer's standpoint, there should be no fee to swap "your" broken equipment (you = Dish ... in the customer's eye). That said, if the fee was low enough, I'd probably be okay with paying it strictly for the convenience factor.

I completely understand how that customer feels but then I explain to them that I am not "Dish" and they have the option for a free replacement if they are willing to wait 4 business days for Dish to ship them one and then hook the receiver up themselves. Once I explain that to the customer they are generally more that willing to pay me $40 to swap out their receiver in my shop. All they have to do is bring it home and plug it in since I activated and programmed their remotes for them.

Remember, even if the receiver has crapped out the customer is still subject to a tech visit fee to have a tech come out and swap out equipment. If I send a tech to their house I charge the $95 fee plus a $40 shipping and handling fee. I of course waive all of this if they are my original customer and they have been under the protection plan the entire time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts