Not getting e-mail notifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

videobruce

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2003
I'm, not getting e-mail notifications on the threads I have subscribed to.

Yes, I have checked my e-mail address, and yes I have checked instant e-mail notification, and no I have no filters in my e-mail, firewall and I don't have any spam programs.

I have run into this elsewhere with no answer (other forums). Out of 25+ forums 2 or 3 I have had problems with.
I think it is my ISP though I have checked my account and turned everything off that was on by default (filter wise).

BTW, I use Opera (V8.01), though it has happened with previous versions.

Ideas??

Looks to be an issue with your ISP, as the log files show that the mail for you is being delivered to their servers, and there is nothing stuck in the queue to go out.

Once the mail leaves the server there is not much we can do.

If you would like a Gmail account let me know. :D

Some ISPs are cracking down on spam, and they may consider the e-mail notifications from us as spam. You could call them and ask, but I would do what Scott suggested and either get a gmail account or some other e-mail address set up.

FWIW I'm using gmail and while I do get most, I definately have been missing a few as well as getting some VERY delayed notifications. I've gotten notifications EASILY an hour after the response was posted.

It's really obvious when you use the gmail notifier. I've bid on an ebay Item and before the 'congrats on your bid' page paints I get a notification on the gmail notifier :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)