Not happy with Dish today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pomona

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 30, 2004
I'll try to keep the back-story brief. Over the holidays I emailed Dish Network to see if I was on any commitment, I explain I was reviewing my options and was deciding if I wanted to remain with dish or not. I was not asking to cancel my service. One week later I received a reply that I was not on any commitment I would have to call the 800 # if I would want to cancel.
I've been eagerly waiting for Charlie Chat to see what the upgrade path was.
Today 1/10/2006 my service was discontinued. The first time I called customer service, the rep told me it was because I haven't paid my bill. I'm on auto pay and my last bill was paid on 12/28. Then they said that I sent an email asking to have the service cancelled. That's when I blew. I said I did not ask the service to be cancelled. The rep was trying to speak to me but I couldn't understand his accent. I told him I was going to go shop around for another provider.
I called back later, got another CSR. She said that she could re-activate me, but my next bill would be for two months!!
I told her this was unacceptable and I should just be reactivated. The CSR said that there wasn't anyway around it. Since I was turned off, two month billing is required on re-activations!
I ask to speak to a supervisor and she said that a supervisor would not be able to help me and she disconnected the call!
I sent an email to ceo@echostar.com cc feedback@customermail.dishnetwork.com
Ask if someone would like to discuss my account with me, I would be available after 5 cst, otherwise I will contact another provider Wednesday.
I called back once more, got the same thing. But this time they told me as a courtesy they would waive the activation fee!!
Told him no deal and no effort was made to win me back.
Seems like they are starting to force folk into upgrades.
Can anybody suggest other avenues? No call yet, but I don't expect one.
update: They called right after the post. Will give me 1 month credit.
Pomona.
superdish
510 dvr (own)
311 dvr (own)

Last edited:
They've always billed two months in advance. Log onto the website and look at your account. You'll probably see a credit there. Once you re-activate, they'll bill you for the two months and apply the credit. The dollar amount should be pretty close to one month's bill (minus the days you were without service).

Well the sad thing is a normal CSR cant do much of anything out of the norm. But at the CEO address they normally will take care of it, they are for the most part great people in that office and speak "ENGLISH":) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)