Not happy with Voom & don't expect much

ahh dang it..i lost my hbohd

i been having voom since march 12. and last week i started getting hbo hd. not any other movie channels.

so curious me resetted the box to get the new software..i think the factory reset screwed me ova. but now when i switch to hbo hd it says ineed to upgrade.

i wish i could get my hbo back..now nothing to watch

come to think of it heres what i think of the voom exclusives

HDN..it repeats like every 10 mins..so its ont something u can watch and watch. just a quick news

HDCinema 1-10..havent seen one recent movie...or atleast anything that i liked. and what i like is movies after like 1997..not like some crappy movies from 1980.

treasure..who has time to watch that stuff.

ultra...i aint no girl to watch runway models all day.

moov...yes yes i am so bored i can just watch icecream melt all day. or ruin my eyes by look at visualizations.

ravehd. repeats too. i know the exact order of every video that comes up. and i am sure a lot of older viewers might enjoy those concerts ..what they called..jammys..but i want some new pop/rock/rap concerts.

worldsport. only channel worth watching. just cause i love soccer. and not just any soccer...who wouldnt watch david beckham..or ronaldo..

rush its ok..

and i get free cable (they forgot to block my cable signals when i cancelled digital cable) so i dont watch standard definition on voom. cause i dont ahve 7 seconds to switch from channel to channel.

and i havent been able to watch one NBA game in hd yet. no espn. no nba tv. no nothing.

if voom doesnt get anything done in 1 or 2 months..i am going to cancel it. cause i can go buy an off air antenna and get local channels in hd. so far those are the only things worth watching in hd. and i am hopin the nba playoffs are on abc in hd and i will use voom to watch that. after that bye bye voom.

My own opinion is that one needs VaVaVoom to really take advantage of VOOM service. That gets you an additional ten HDTV movie channels (HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, Starz, TMC, Encore) with a lot more content.

HBO is no longer part of the $39.90 package. The $39.90 package now includes the Marquee pack with Discovery Theater HD and Bravo HD. If you purchased your system from Sears and think you are entitled to that (in place of Marquee pack), then you should call VOOM.

As for the 7 second channel changing, the new software fixes that. With the new software, it's about 2.5 seconds in 1080i mode.

BabyJ- I feel your pain.
I have had VOOM for two weeks, but I still don't get my locals because of the mapping. Before signing up, I did call the VOOM number and listened to a CSR lie to me, telling me all the locals I'd get. It wasn't 'till the installer showed up that I found out this was a crock.
I have called and emailed VOOM- when will I get my locals? They don't know and really could give a $hit. I am sure if the VOOM box was in their house, they wouldn't have to tolerate no locals.
The next farce is the lie that you get free HBO with the basic package. Well, the info from sears said one free plus package. I was told by a csr that I'd still get a plus package- Discovery! Wow,why should I even want the HBO productions like Band of Brothers, Curb Your Enthusiasm and the Sopranos when, I can be watching closeups of insects on Discorvery?
So, in a nutshell, unless you want to spend over $100 a month, VOOM really is pretty worthless. For $40 a month, you get the privilige of being able to watch cinema dregs like "Tom Sawyer" over and over an over.

So, in a nutshell, unless you want to spend over $100 a month, VOOM really is pretty worthless. For $40 a month, you get the privilige of being able to watch cinema dregs like "Tom Sawyer" over and over an over.
The VaVaVoom package with everything is $79.90, not $100.

I have called and emailed VOOM- when will I get my locals? They don't know and really could give a $hit. I am sure if the VOOM box was in their house, they wouldn't have to tolerate no locals.
Are their digital locals broadcasting in your area? If so, did you email Wilt with a detailed explanation of your situation?

For $40 a month, you get the privilige of being able to watch cinema dregs like "Tom Sawyer" over and over an over.
For $40 from DirecTV, you don't get a single HDTV channel.

well shoot i didnt even get the whole package. i just somehow got my hbo hd by accident. i should have left it alone. ahh dang it. now ya voom is pretty useless.

$80 plus 10 for converter plus taxes = almost 100 bucks. thats just too much for watching some freakin movies and insects and some music videos. for 20 bucks i can get a blockbuster freedom pass and rent as many movies as i want. so i ain't gonna pay 100 bucks just to get those premium movie channels. just one hd channel of a movie channel would have been nice.

once basketball season is over..voom is out the door. screw their gay exclusive channels..i will show them exclusive.

time warner probably has better channels than this. hdnet, inhd, inhd2, espn hd, discovery hd. i would rather pay 7 more bucks to get a hdtv converter from them than keep this.

i ma stay quiet for 1 or 2 more months.

You certainly have a rather unique style of writing....

However, I must say that you DID say what your experince has been and how you judge all of this "magic" from VOOM.

I personally feel that there is way too much "shock and awe" for VOOM.

Some people are more easily "awed" I guess...and I hope that they send in those payments, each and every month, for many eons....to keep VOOM in business and to provide these forums that have more entertainment included...than does the actual satellite service that they support.

Just setting aside 15 minutes a day to check into this forum.....is/has been a real adventure.....the quick scanning of the newest "install" stories....the more interesting reading of last nights "code push"..........HOW DO I GET MINE...AM I TARGETED....PULL THE PLUG....TURN IT TO STANDBY.....HEY I NOW GET "CC".....DO YOU HAVE A FIREWIRE CONNECTOR....I CAN NOW CHANGE CHANNELS FASTER.....HEY MY SIGNAL NUMBER HAS DOUBLED.....damn I am sorry, due to being a "current" non subscriber...that I missed all of that.

But not really....I have you guys telling me all about the excitement of continuing to "experience" vOOm.

Grin.

babyj said:
i been having voom since march 12. and last week i started getting hbo hd. not any other movie channels.

so curious me resetted the box to get the new software..i think the factory reset screwed me ova. but now when i switch to hbo hd it says ineed to upgrade.

i wish i could get my hbo back..now nothing to watch

come to think of it heres what i think of the voom exclusives

HDN..it repeats like every 10 mins..so its ont something u can watch and watch. just a quick news

HDCinema 1-10..havent seen one recent movie...or atleast anything that i liked. and what i like is movies after like 1997..not like some crappy movies from 1980.

treasure..who has time to watch that stuff.

ultra...i aint no girl to watch runway models all day.

moov...yes yes i am so bored i can just watch icecream melt all day. or ruin my eyes by look at visualizations.

ravehd. repeats too. i know the exact order of every video that comes up. and i am sure a lot of older viewers might enjoy those concerts ..what they called..jammys..but i want some new pop/rock/rap concerts.

worldsport. only channel worth watching. just cause i love soccer. and not just any soccer...who wouldnt watch david beckham..or ronaldo..

rush its ok..

and i get free cable (they forgot to block my cable signals when i cancelled digital cable) so i dont watch standard definition on voom. cause i dont ahve 7 seconds to switch from channel to channel.

and i havent been able to watch one NBA game in hd yet. no espn. no nba tv. no nothing.

if voom doesnt get anything done in 1 or 2 months..i am going to cancel it. cause i can go buy an off air antenna and get local channels in hd. so far those are the only things worth watching in hd. and i am hopin the nba playoffs are on abc in hd and i will use voom to watch that. after that bye bye voom.

I'm still getting 261 and 262 included in my $39.90 price, just lost HBOHD, 201 also. You probably have 261 and 262 but don't know it since you have to scan through the channels you don't have, try it, Lord of the Rings in on now.

[.

Are their digital locals broadcasting in your area?

Just asking that question is an insult to my intelligence. I am just finishing up my masters degree and you ask
"Are their digital locals broadcasting in your area? " Gee, duh!!! According to the chart on Zip whatever, YES! I have borrowed several ota boxes and they ALL recieved OTA HDTV. So, please don't assume that I am mentally impaired. Oh yes, before you ask, I do have an HDTV- a Sony 65wv600. I even tweeked the static and electro focus on the beast.

If so, did you email Wilt with a detailed explanation of your situation?

Gee, I looked in the VOOM book- it didn't mention anything about calling some guy named "Wilt"! When I called VOOM, they never said "$hit- we better get Wilt on this! I have called VOOM on the weekends- that allows you to leave a message that is never returned. Whoo hoo- this VOOM crap is getting fun!

Believe it or not, I paid $400 for this reciever and I actually believed what VOOM told me. Yes, I believed that I'd get locals. I am even believed that I'd be allowed to pick my plus pack, not have them give me Bravo and Discovery and call them "plus" (what a sham!).

I got an email from them promising an upgrade over the weekend. Guess what? No upgrade here and it is tuesday! Just another broken promise.

For $40 from DirecTV, you don't get a single HDTV channel.[/QUOTE]

So, you're saying that a smattering of SD channels and HD channels is better? How many times can you watch the same old crappy movies on their "exclusive channels"? Sorry, but I am not simply out to show off my set to my neighbors- the program quality is more important than the picture quality.I'd rather watch CSI Miami in SD than rain fall on a field in HD! If I went with DirectTV, I would be able to get my locals and just CBS alone, CBS ALONE, is worth more than all the VOOM exclusive crap balled up into a turd. It is March madness in NCAA and I can't watch it, but hey, I can watch the "Music Man" over and over... whoopee!

I think one of the reasons they started up the lease program was that needed a way of using up all the recievers that got returned by early adopters. Think about- they can't resell them as new, so hey, lease them out!

I suspect VOOM will have the mother of all churn rates. When VOOM gets my box back, this whole deal will have cost them at least $300 for me. If I was a shareholder, I would be pretty upset.

Guys,

you really have to take it easy with the language. Ken_F just try to help you and have been doing the same for a lot of people here. You can gripe all you want but let it not spill over people that are trying to be helpful or give you information.

The original topic of the thread has taken a different course. I will merge with another thread that has more of the same.

The best explanation I heard so far is that VOOM is not perfect and sometimes is better to call it quit if you feel you have been cheated. I do not work for VOOM but I have bought products that have been buggy from the beginning and that was the understanding. I stayed with them because there was work to be done on the products. So all I can say, you have the choice to do what is better for you.

Here we just try to share information about a system that it is only 4 months old and that yes is buggy but eventually will become stable if you are willing to go through the pain. Some people do not like that and that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe you should wait until the system becomes more stable and them join or maybe wait until it goes bankcrupt and you will have the last laugh. In the meantime, we will continue to work with the buggy receiver...

I am merging the thread...

So, with 26,000 subs - who got the beer :rolleyes:

RickyMac said:
Just one bet clairification:

We call Voom on December 31, 2004, if they do not have 500,000 paying customers on that day, I will ship you the beer (case) of your choice (lets keep it under $75.00). If they have 500,000 paying customers, you ship to me. Sounds great!

This bet may cause me to become a Voom salesman.

The Party is over....send BEER

RickyMac said:
Just one bet clairification:

We call Voom on December 31, 2004, if they do not have 500,000 paying customers on that day, I will ship you the beer (case) of your choice (lets keep it under $75.00). If they have 500,000 paying customers, you ship to me. Sounds great!

This bet may cause me to become a Voom salesman.

RickyMac,

If you could send me your Email address....I could then give you my mailing address...for the case of beer. Grin.

Altho I have been absent on the forum since August...I am a current $1 customer and found the VOOM experience to have improved...and I will now MISS it....much as VOOM missed the 500,000 paying customers by several THOUSANDS of percent. Grin.

Tarmack