Not one inch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pdiddy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2013
western montana
I did not want one inch of coax to be exposed to UV rays,from the LNBF to the receiver.This is how I set up the AKAK.I found that having some kind of "box" attached to the post,lets you have a slack loop ,splitters,or switches,enclosed.It's something to think about.

Attachments

• IMG_0881.JPG
    IMG_0881.JPG
    1,008 KB · Views: 257
Well that is one way to do it.

I understand the issue, living as I do in UV world here in So Cal. I have not enclosed the cable, but I have run it under my eaves. The only place it's exposed is going up to the lnb.

I have also run the four wire sprinkler cable under the eaves. For that I have a junction box and stranded wire running to the motor and reed switch. The stranded wire is indoor appliance wire, but so far it hasn't failed or corroded.

I have actually had little issue with ultraviolet, but have had to, from time to time, scrape the corrosion off of the various copper wires to maximize connection.
I will be doing that again shortly, along with some other maintenance

Some of the cable {C-Band Ribbon Cable} that I have on my mesh dish has been there for well over 15 years, and it wasn't new when I installed it in the late 80's. Nevertheless, I have run grey PVC conduit underground and come up to 'Service Entrance Cap' to lead out with a loop to the dish, or to a 'PVC Vent Box' to hold switch and lead lines to the LNBFs on the dish. Well, the PVC box is cheaper than the metal....
I do think that your setup is great!

Yeah, my C-band ribbon cable is over 20 years old with no degradation and that's even with a complete teardown and relocation to a new house 11 years ago. I suspect ordinary RG-6 would not hold up anywhere near as long though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)