Not qualified to receive Multi-Sport pack? What??

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
I wanted to go ahead and add the Multi-Sport package since I am no longer receiving the Big Ten Network (I'm just southwest of Charlotte). I thought I'd try the chat and the representative told me the only way I could qualify for the Multi-Sport package was to have a basic package on my account that was America's Top 100 Plus or higher....

I asked him if paying for America's Top 200 annually didn't make me qualified and, after about a three minute wait, he come back with "I'm sorry for your confusion but you'll need America's Top 100 Plus or higher in order to receive Multi-Sport". He then said he was making changes until I stopped him and threatened to move to DirecTV if any changes were made (as I've allowed them to do stuff when THEY WERE CONFUSED in the past and it's screwed up my account and I've been billed after paying annually). Again, I was told I was confused and that if I went to any other provider I would likely need a basic package there as well. What?? AT200 isn't considered a basic package anymore? :confused:

AT200 does qualify for it...you get your RSN in AT200 and can add the multi sports pack to it

The rep screwed up in his note...he said "AT100+ OR HIGHER"
(last I checked 200 was higher than 100+)

You can't add it to AT100

Yeah, I know I'm qualified. :)

And I'm going to apologize about the "threatening to leave to DirecTV part". I've been loyal to DISH for seven years but I sometimes get very frustrated. And, it seems that after one mishap, most indicate they'll head for other pastures.

Anyways, I lost my distant networks back in 2005 and, at that point, lived in the Atlanta market. I lived 70 miles north of the city and on the day that I lost the Los Angeles networks, I called to have my Atlanta locals added. The website said I qualified and, after two months of arguing, sending letters and e-mails, and calling, I finally got what the website said I was entitled to.

Then, I wound up several miles northeast in what I'd call the Charlotte market but, regardless, I'm qualified (according to their site) for Greenville, SC locals. I finally become so frustrated with arguing that I just started getting distant networks through NPS to avoid so much aggravation.

And now, I have a package that qualifies for Multi-Sport and, in fact, pay for it annually (which means I probably won't go anywhere and was at least happy enough with my service to pay for it in bulk last December) and, once again, can't get something I should be able to get. :rolleyes:

Cade

I wanted to go ahead and add the Multi-Sport package since I am no longer receiving the Big Ten Network (I'm just southwest of Charlotte). I thought I'd try the chat and the representative told me the only way I could qualify for the Multi-Sport package was to have a basic package on my account that was America's Top 100 Plus or higher....

I asked him if paying for America's Top 200 annually didn't make me qualified and, after about a three minute wait, he come back with "I'm sorry for your confusion but you'll need America's Top 100 Plus or higher in order to receive Multi-Sport". He then said he was making changes until I stopped him and threatened to move to DirecTV if any changes were made (as I've allowed them to do stuff when THEY WERE CONFUSED in the past and it's screwed up my account and I've been billed after paying annually). Again, I was told I was confused and that if I went to any other provider I would likely need a basic package there as well. What?? AT200 isn't considered a basic package anymore? :confused:
what friggin jackass...Ya know what? I have a business relationship with Dish. I am also a customer. And I don't like criticizing the company but when it's warranted I let them have it..This is one of those times.
It is just ridiculous how answers to basic questions can change form one CSR to another.
This is a result of a company trying to cut corners and save money by hiring the oleast qualified people to perform customer service. The compnay tries to do it on the cheap even further by limiting training time for these people.
When these firms going to learn that they are not going to find good help by not offering a financial incentive for quality people to apply for the positions.

No. :rolleyes: I'll probably just try another chat or call later today. I miss the Big Ten Network and definitely want it for baseball and softball. I've had Multi-Sport in the past and always enjoyed it because I always seemed to catch a few minutes of an extra game that I would have been blacked out of (black-out ended before the game). Plus, I would often watch the MLB website and would see where a game started late or was going into extra innings and would catch some then. Thanks again to everybody that responded. I'll let you know how it turns out.

So did u get the pack? :D

Finally. It took about a week but after being persistent in contacting a chat CSR, I got the package in less than five minutes last night. I got it about five minutes after the blackout of the Blackhawks game ended and thought I'd watch the post game show but wound up getting about the last seven minutes of the game. Overall, though, just having NBATV, Big Ten Network, and Fox Sports Cincinnati make it worth the $5.99 / month already.

I'm sure I would have gotten the Reds games through one of my alternate networks and, in fact, have already seen it on the program guide but it's just cool having FSN Cincinnati for the pre and post game shows. I'm hoping I luck up a bit and catch the ending of some baseball games after the blackout is lifted. Especially Monday's nights game of the Pirates and Braves on FSN Pittsburgh -- I live outside of the Charlotte area and get four teams but I don't get Peachtree TV for the Braves. Overall, though, it's pretty nice in my opinion (even with the blackouts). Caught a replay of an out of market NHL game last night, the Blackhawks last several minutes of the game, a high school hockey game, and think (based of off looking at the scores on NBA.com late last night) that I would have gotten the ending of the Warriors game but, for some reason, the post game show was blacked out for them.

Cade

Are you really getting all of the channels listed in the Multi Sports pack on Dish's site? Are some just regional?

Finally. It took about a week but after being persistent in contacting a chat CSR, I got the package in less than five minutes last night. I got it about five minutes after the blackout of the Blackhawks game ended and thought I'd watch the post game show but wound up getting about the last seven minutes of the game. Overall, though, just having NBATV, Big Ten Network, and Fox Sports Cincinnati make it worth the $5.99 / month already.

I'm sure I would have gotten the Reds games through one of my alternate networks and, in fact, have already seen it on the program guide but it's just cool having FSN Cincinnati for the pre and post game shows. I'm hoping I luck up a bit and catch the ending of some baseball games after the blackout is lifted. Especially Monday's nights game of the Pirates and Braves on FSN Pittsburgh -- I live outside of the Charlotte area and get four teams but I don't get Peachtree TV for the Braves. Overall, though, it's pretty nice in my opinion (even with the blackouts). Caught a replay of an out of market NHL game last night, the Blackhawks last several minutes of the game, a high school hockey game, and think (based of off looking at the scores on NBA.com late last night) that I would have gotten the ending of the Warriors game but, for some reason, the post game show was blacked out for them.

Cade

i thank having fsn cincy is the only way you can garantee getting all of the reds games where you are. dont trust hte alternates to shwo them all.

youll be happy with tihs package and youll catch a couple of endings that you otherwies wouldnt have seen but youll just have to be on the lookout toward the end of hte blakcbout periods. plus as you arelayd larned youll get all the nhl replays.

Are you really getting all of the channels listed in the Multi Sports pack on Dish's site? Are some just regional?

Brian-

From what I can tell, I'm getting them all. I've noticed this morning that the MLB replays are being blacked out (for the most part) but the NHL replays are in the clear. Regardless, though, I'm getting Big Ten Network, Fox Sports Detroit, Prime Sports, and Fox Sports Midwest (just to give you an idea) and I'm west of Charlotte.

Cade

youll be happy with tihs package and youll catch a couple of endings that you otherwies wouldnt have seen but youll just have to be on the lookout toward the end of hte blakcbout periods.

That is what I'm hoping for. I won't really be disappointed if I don't catch anything, though. I'm hoping I'll be able to catch some of the Blue Jays games as they end. I'll probably do like I did last night - just set up my program timer for the post game show (which got me a few goodies) or just watch the MLB website to see who might have been postponed, going into extra innings, or just going longer than the three hour blackout period. I'm REALLY excited about tomorrow!

Cade

Brian-

From what I can tell, I'm getting them all. I've noticed this morning that the MLB replays are being blacked out (for the most part) but the NHL replays are in the clear. Regardless, though, I'm getting Big Ten Network, Fox Sports Detroit, Prime Sports, and Fox Sports Midwest (just to give you an idea) and I'm west of Charlotte.

Cade

Thanks man. I will probably get this package.

Thanks man. I will probably get this package.

No problem, man! I guess it's just a matter of what you want to spend an extra $6 on, but it's already been well worth it for me. I really just wanted the Big Ten Network and Fox Sports Cincinnati but was thrilled to catch the last few innings of the Tigers-Royals game and am watching the Indians-White Sox finish things off right now. (I'm in the territory for the Braves, Nationals, Orioles, and Reds, so those four teams are welcome additions even with just a few innings). I've got my timer set for the post game show for the Marlins and Mets but, from what I see on MLB.com, that one will probably be over before the blackout lifts.

Well worth it for me, though. :) I know I CAN'T but if I could, I would probably only have my locals, Encore Movie Package, KTLA, and the Multi-Sport Pack (they've been all I have watched since having it). Of course, I've got to have at least AT100+ to keep it but will probably downgrade from AT200 to AT100+ when my annual subscription is up and keep those things I mention.

i currently have the hd only package and i really want to watch my chicago white sox, so to save myself some time but more importantly my sanity and avoid calling customer service i take it i truly am not qualified to receive multisports, but i guess thems the breaks when you have a cheap plan. Thank you guys in advance and look forward to talking to you all in the future

Brian-

Cade

The secret joy of the Sports Pack is if a hockey game goes beyond it's alotted time slot, the blackout goes away. You also get the replays the next day that many RSNs carry. I get the sports pack specifically for indoor lacrosse (Altitude and ComcastNW) but also enjoy the bonus NHL coverage including pre and post game shows.

The secret joy of the Sports Pack is if a hockey game goes beyond it's alotted time slot, the blackout goes away. You also get the replays the next day that many RSNs carry. I get the sports pack specifically for indoor lacrosse (Altitude and ComcastNW) but also enjoy the bonus NHL coverage including pre and post game shows.

Amen, brother! :D I've watched the Blackhawks spill over twice since first ordering the package Saturday night.

Yesterday, I saw so many MLB games end that I thought I was in heaven (except for the brutal Braves loss). It was awesome watching the Mariners-Rangers, Tigers-Royals (even saw part of that replay), Marlins-Mets (too bad Santana was already out of the game when I got it), Pirates-Braves (had to settle for the FSN Pittsburgh feed after the blackout ended - west of Charlotte and don't have Peachtree), and other games (including the Heat). The NHL replays are free and in the clear (as you mention) which also makes the package worthwhile. Well worth $6 to me.

For Red Sox fans, their games almost never end in three hours, so for $6/mo. you can get a mini-Sox package. Same for Yankees games on the opposing team's RSNs. And when the Sox play the Yankees, the blackout usually lifts around the 4th inning. :)

Not that it matters that much to me because I have the HD only pack, but if I got the RSN package would I get the rebroadcasts of NBA and MLB games? I saw that someone said MLB replays are still blacked out but is this always the case?

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)