Not supposed to happen...archiving and a copy???

I wonder what would happen if you moved the recording from one 722 to the EHD, and attached the EHD to the other 722 that still has the recording. Can you test that for us? Thanks. :D

I wonder what would happen if you moved the recording from one 722 to the EHD, and attached the EHD to the other 722 that still has the recording. Can you test that for us? Thanks. :D
How fat is the envelope in your breast pocket??? ;)

Have you compared it to other distros like CentOS or Ubuntu? I was looking at it awhile back mainly for Cluster Suite and Global File System.

Both Centos and Scientific Linux are a recompiled/repackaged Redhat Enterprise Linux. The issue I had with the live SL6 was that you can't log in as root, and have to su to do anything privileged. If you use the GUI to drag and drop folders in DishArc, they'll all wind up with the wrong file ownership and won't work right when reconnected to your receiver. SL5 (and presumably Centos5) let you log in as root and avoid this pitfall. Ubuntu doesn't even have a root account, so again it's problematic and probably requires an su and a chown on all the files you move with it.

Regarding Cluster Suite and GFS, I couldn't figure out how to set it up properly, and it took a 4-day $3000 course from Redhat to teach it to me. Good luck if you're trying to figure it out on your own!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)