Not sure I am getting the right story from D*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JeffreyDJ

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
Nashville, TN
I currently have a D* HD box and a SD Tivo.

I called to add an HD Tivo. Was quoted $399 after $200 rebate ... But, here's where it got screwy.

--$99 installation fee (I can do it myself, didn't seem like they wanted me to)
--ANOTHER 10.99 a month for the HD package on the 2nd HD box (do I really have to pay twice, I already pay for it).
--$4.99 DVR fee again (once again, I already pay once).
--Mirroring Fee

So, when it comes down to it, I'd be paying more for D* then I'd be paying for Comcast. That just doesn't seem right to me at all.

Only one DVR fee per account.

Only one HD package fee.

The installation fee is if you need an antenna or another drop. If you can not work around this you should be able to buy box from Value Electronics or Best Buy for $599 minus $200 rebate.

I am going to give Retention a whirl and see what they can do. Thanks for the verification.

Also, is $399 really the best buy through retention currently for the HD DVR anyone? perhaps I should go post in the sub-forum. :)

Last edited:
Value electronics will sell it to you for the Forum price of $549 and you can self-install if you are so inclined.

But yeah... $599 is retail price, and all the front end reps can offer.

Retention may give you credits on your account which reduce the out-of-pocket capital (probably as low as $369), but you're still going to have the price be $599.

Front end retention reps usually have a limit of $150 and supervisors are higher.

H

Retention was very nice to me but still the lowest she could go was 399... I decided to wait.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts