Not sure if already addressed but...

riski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
...is anyone having audio problems on the 522 where when a word is spoken with the letter "S" is the first letter, like "Sunday", the audio is "muddied" or not clear? I have been hearing this a lot lately. It happens periodically but it is easily caught when watching a show. It sounds like when listening to a radio that is not tuned in correctly. Thanks.

I noticed way more audio drop outs in recorded programs. Shows are almost unwatchable because of it. I thought they had this thing licked but I was wrong.

riski said:
...is anyone having audio problems on the 522 where when a word is spoken with the letter "S" is the first letter, like "Sunday", the audio is "muddied" or not clear? I have been hearing this a lot lately. It happens periodically but it is easily caught when watching a show. It sounds like when listening to a radio that is not tuned in correctly. Thanks.
I noticed the "S" audio problem too but only on TV2 so I figured it was due to some kind of interference. I've messed with connections and splitters trying to find the culprit but it wasn't consistent. Now I wonder if it had nothing to do with my connections at all. :confused:

typerk said:
I noticed way more audio drop outs in recorded programs. Shows are almost unwatchable because of it. I thought they had this thing licked but I was wrong.

Me too.

typerk said:

Same here as well. Maybe I was lucky but before 232 I had no audio dropouts on recorded shows. I have also been having more audio/video sync problems than I ever had before. :(

Thor263 said:
Same here as well. Maybe I was lucky but before 232 I had no audio dropouts on recorded shows. I have also been having more audio/video sync problems than I ever had before. :(

Same here. At this moment I am watching a delayed broadcast of the evening news that looks like I'm watching Bruce Lee tell me "you've killed my brother. prepare to die"

Also been noticing numerous audio dropouts/pops during recorded shows since 232... :rolleyes:

--DD73

My 522 didn't get an increase of audio drops and sync. problems since version 2.32 . . . . it's just as bad as it was before :mad: !

2.32 seems to have fixed my system.... I no longer have any audio pops/squeaks/sync/glitches whatsoever... I still have a couple of video glitches, 3 or 4 per show, but that could be a reception problem... My signal strength averages in the mid 70s.

Wishbone said:
2.32 seems to have fixed my system.... I no longer have any audio pops/squeaks/sync/glitches whatsoever... I still have a couple of video glitches, 3 or 4 per show, but that could be a reception problem... My signal strength averages in the mid 70s.

Same here. My locals are the only low signal strength since they are on 105 (54 max). Still waiting for the 105 replacement to move :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts