not too happy with Sirius

Ok that's around 12k then. At retail prices. Love those 803s. I almost got them but they were too big for my taste. So I stuck with the 805s. You won't be dissapointed with the DVD audio / sacd through that system at all. Of course make sure you use the 5.1 input not the optical. If you ever look at replacing your amps look at classe. They blow me away that would be my route for high end audio. Well except meridian but thats way way way out of my price range.

Thanks for the tip, maybe I should step up to the Anthem, also. I have two viewing rooms in my house. And, of course, everyone likes to hang out in the room with the cheaper system. I want to get one of those Brookstone massage chairs and plop it right in the middle of my HDTV, blast the surround sound and enjoy. So I could get another system, of course then I would need another set of speakers. Ok, I have to stop dreaming now!

If you do look for speakers the Martin Logans are awesome. Totaly different than B&W since they are electrostatic. But hey they are freaking great sounding. The Anthem D1 is an excellent system but yes it is $5k the AM-30 is an awesome processor at 3k.

S

I also noticed that there was no new age/relaxation music.

I am a Sirius subscriber, but will likely be switching to XM. One of the reasons is exactly what you noticed. You have to keep switching channels on Sirius for a shot at finding nice, relaxing music, whereas XM appears to have that on dedicated channels (I'm doing the online trial right now with XM). Also, if you like 50's music, Sirius does not have a dedicated 50's station, whereas XM does.

jammb said:
Sirius does not have a dedicated 50's station, whereas XM does.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys.us :D

You are somewhat correct. Sirius does not necessarily follow the decade’s music by starting at the beginning of the decade. This is why there is a Classic Vinyl (early rock) and a Classic Rewind (later rock). As far as the 50's music Sirius offers Sirius Gold which starts at the beginnings of rock, not the beginning of the decade. This is done intentionally by Sirius.

I am amazed with all variety XM offers. It is what hooked me from the beginning. I never knew what kind of music I really enjoyed until I could try out all the different channals.
That being said I have been wanting to pick up the Polk audio receiver for my home, but have been reluctant based on whether the sound will be good.
I notice everyone talking about Siruis, but anyone try out XM POLK model?

Thanks
Jeff
Dallas, TX

jammb said:
I am a Sirius subscriber, but will likely be switching to XM. One of the reasons is exactly what you noticed. You have to keep switching channels on Sirius for a shot at finding nice, relaxing music, whereas XM appears to have that on dedicated channels (I'm doing the online trial right now with XM). Also, if you like 50's music, Sirius does not have a dedicated 50's station, whereas XM does.

I just bought the polk. I have had it for 2 days and so far so good. If you search this forum for the Myfi $199 deal there is a link to get one for $149. However read the agreement before purchasing. It says you have to work at a certain retail outfits to qualify, but I was able to order with no issues.

Just installed Sirius Factory Head Unit New Mercury

Hello all.

I just installed Sirius through The Mercury Dealer so it is covered under my Ford Warranty. It was not cheap. What is cheap is the Antenna but that is another story. When it works it works great NIce sound. Keep loosing the Signal. Irritating since I have had xm for 2 years and it works when my car is parked in the Garage.
Not sure if I am keeping the Sirius or having the guy come back and switch it to xm.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)