Not working on Samsung Galaxy Nexus

android_04

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Feb 24, 2012
Midwest
Hi, I just purchased DishPointer Pro to see if it would work on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus, even though I read 1 review that said its not compatible. That review was right, does not show any satellites on my phone. Any ideas what may be causing the issue, or if there is a setting to change to make it work?

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
I don't think that the review is right since I'm using the app on the Galaxy Nexus without any problems. Do you get a location fix, i.e. lat and lng values at the bottom left? Because no location, no satellites since it's all relative to your location.

android_04

Feb 24, 2012
Midwest
Thanks for the reply. It shows that I am locked on. I even left it a few minutes to make sure. I am interested in locating Dish Network sats for Eastern Arc (61.5, 72.5, 77) and Western Arc (110, 119, 129) and Wildblue sats at 111. It only shows the Eastern Arc sats when I look due south, which is wrong because (in my location) they should be south-east. And the Eastern Arc sats stay in the view when I turn around toward the north. Do you have stock settings on your Galaxy Nexus?

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Do you have the phone in a case? If so, please remove and try again. Please also email me a screenshot. Galaxy Nexus doesn't need any special settings - should work straight out of the box.

android_04

Feb 24, 2012
Midwest
It is not in a case. The azimuth only moves a few degrees even when going around 360 degrees and it jumps back, which is why I keep seeing the same 3 satellites no matter where I turn. When I get the chance I will send you a screenshot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)