Not your ordinary LOS issue :)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
When trying to put the motorized on the deck railing, I had issues getting 101, 103 & 105

Figured out what it was...a LOS issue

But not a tree, the roof, or something like that...Here is what is giving me LOS issues (see picture) :)

Attachments

• IM000135.JPG
    IM000135.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 220
I'm kind of like you with the setup on the deck

I can see from 58-97 no problems
101-105 nothing
121 barely a signal
123 nothing

My Dish500 is blocking the other ones! :)

no I'm not

Its the truth though...Spent 30 minutes figuring out why 101 didnt come in. I thought it was my motor setup...after talking to PSB figured out it was the SC dish

so the dish is back on the roof

As I told Cascade, if I could get 101, I’d leave everything where it was

103 doesn’t really have anything I need
105 is just a test card
121 is just a test card
123 I have a separate dish for

But after working with it for 3 hours in the humidity (damn it was humid Saturday) and busting the bolts, I put it back where it was (on the roof).

Had to move the dish to the east 2 clicks to get everything back to normal…and I actually gained some points on a couple TP’s :D

Sounds like I'm going to be having similar problems soon. I'm trying to squeeze a 3-4 dish farm onto a 9' x 5' flat roof on my shed. Depending on where the fixed dishes will point, it may or may not work out. I've been playing with the obstacle calculator that Pete posted (Thanks BTW :D)...

The dishes themselves will have to be spaced so as not to cause blockage to other dishes....

Tron

same here Tron

I have a DirecPC dish on my deck that shoots over the 18" dish on the roof :)

I was trying to get some of the dishes moved off the roof for easier access :)

I might take down the SC dish and use the 30" I have (had) up for G10

I measured last night and I need 3 inches to make the 36" work on the same setup as the 30 is right now :(

maybe I can weld a couple masts together :)

I live in an apartment right now so its hard for me to get into this FTA thing but I am constantly shopping around for a house just so I can have free reign to put up as many dishes as my heart contents and put them wherever I want :) lol

Nice LOS issue :) Better than the tree that attempts to block my view of 61.5 at my apartment (when the wind blows hard I loose signal)

Iceberg said:
same here Tron

I have a DirecPC dish on my deck that shoots over the 18" dish on the roof :)

I was trying to get some of the dishes moved off the roof for easier access :)

I might take down the SC dish and use the 30" I have (had) up for G10

You know you're hooked on FTA when the dishes themselves are becoming obstacles :D

mattb said:
Nice LOS issue :) Better than the tree that attempts to block my view of 61.5 at my apartment (when the wind blows hard I loose signal)

...And when you're looking at purchasing a couple of gas-powered saws like I am to "take care" of some tree problems :D

Tron

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts