Note 7's catching Fire

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
hope they tell us why someday. I wonder if they packed too much power into too thin a package or is it something in their hardware/firmware/software that sucks a high load.?
or maybe, it is so big and so thin that it can be warped in your butt pocket and crack the battery when sitting.

makes you think about what might be in checked baggage cargo when traveling (not just the note 7 but also other battery devices).

hope they tell us why someday. I wonder if they packed too much power into too thin a package or is it something in their hardware/firmware/software that sucks a high load.?
or maybe, it is so big and so thin that it can be warped in your butt pocket and crack the battery when sitting.

makes you think about what might be in checked baggage cargo when traveling (not just the note 7 but also other battery devices).

I suspect the ultimate cause was rushing production to beat Apple to the market.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: nelson61
Its official Galaxy Note 7's are banned from airplanes in the US.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/10/14/dot-bans-samsung-galaxy-note-7-flights/92066322/

As a sidenote, I'd be curious to see how much time, effort and money the Samsung marketing department wasted on debating whether or not to call this the Note 6 or 7, and to come up with the brilliant idea to stylize it as the Note7. I find it humorous how in reading all the articles I have about this phone, nobody but Samsung stylizes it that way. Way to go marketing dept! Maybe that time, effort and money would have been better spent on R&D and product testing.

TSA is being reported as taking the ban even further than the FAA ruling. If a passenger attempts to take this phone aboard or transport it in checked luggage, the phone will be confiscated and the passenger fined up to $5000 and may also serve prison time.

At this rate, based on my experience with the intelligence of the TSA, I wouldn't want to take any phone model with the word "Samsung" on it.

In addition, I might note that TSA also is in control of Cruise ships boarding to get into the terminal buildings and the same regulations apply.

In May, the TSA made me take all my battery operated devices and batteries for my cameras out for inspection. Now, to board a cruise ship, I have been advised to place all my camera batteries in a zip lock bag on top so the inspection is faster. In September I did this and they made me open my camera bag and having all the batteries open like that made the reinspection faster. Probably next trip I will remove the zip lock bag of batteries and place it in the dog dish to go through the x-ray.

Why don't they just tell those with the Note 7, remove batteries from the phone before getting on board ... or are they not removable in the Note 7 ?

My Note 5 is perfect, even without the ability to use a microSD card for additional storage. I use the cloud to store mostly everything and have tons of storage left on my Note 5.
It is certainly a very capable phone. I would call it one of the best, given that the Note 7 is no longer a viable option.

My Note 5 is perfect, even without the ability to use a microSD card for additional storage. I use the cloud to store mostly everything and have tons of storage left on my Note 5.
It is certainly a very capable phone. I would call it one of the best, given that the Note 7 is no longer a viable option.
I have a Note 5 also and like it a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)