Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Once again Dish Network has announced things on a chat without informing their CSR's. I am being told the phones are ringing off the hook and the CSR's know NOTHING about what was said on the chat.

Please wait until next Monday to call in.

You will feel much better iif you wait. :)

ok, I figured I'd have to wait until february, but it makes sense we start next week so we have the equipment in place for 2/1

OOOPS! I already called...it was a Bummer

spent 45 min being transfered to different supervisors in India I believe....they finally hung up on me (i was actually nice)...

i was told on a leased receiver their computers can only process one upgrade in a year (July will be my year) sooo i was outta luck...

I just sent an e-mail to the ceo mail address pleading my case....

Scott Greczkowski said:
Once again Dish Network has announced things on a chat without informing their CSR's. I am being told the phones are ringing off the hook and the CSR's know NOTHING about what was said on the chat.

Please wait until next Monday to call in.

You will feel much better iif you wait. :)

CSR's know nothing on what was said... go figure. I called in after the chat just to check the hold times and they were over 20 minutes at 10:01. I just had a feeling the calls would come flooding in.

If they are swamped with calls, that is good. It shows they have hit an agreeable price point for upgrades and that many are watching the Charlie Chats.

Heres my problem with the whole deal..

I allready have a dish 1000 and 61.5...
My locals lauch in Feb in MPG4 hd....

Will I beable to get a 622 when my locals launch.

I will be highly pissed if I cant get it then...

2nd.. because im not needing any installation and am allready installed.. do i have to pay anything for a simple reciver swapout.

I shouldnt have to wait for a 200 dollar credit for the swapout.. all it should amount to is sending me the reciver and I send my old one back. What do you guys think.. How much more simple can it get..

goaliebob99 said:

2nd.. because im not needing any installation and am allready installed.. do i have to pay anything for a simple reciver swapout.

I shouldnt have to wait for a 200 dollar credit for the swapout.. all it should amount to is sending me the reciver and I send my old one back. What do you guys think.. How much more simple can it get..

That's what i'm wondering. Under that upgrade plan where it says $299 then $200 rebate, then total $99* the asterick by 99 mentions that it includes prof. install and dish upgrade if applicable, which I am taking "If applicable" to mean you pay the $99 whether you need the dish upgrade and prof. install or not.

Like me, 942 activated 10 days ago. I've already got 129, and certainly no need for professional install. Simple receiver swap. I'm getting the feeling it's still $99.

goaliebob99 said:
the 2nd thing i dont like about it is i own my reciver.. I just want a swapout and when its all said and done I also own the 622

I was told you can return any "active" Dish receiver--it need not be your present HD. Don't know about you, but I have a couple of older Dish receivers sitting around that I can activate long enough to turn them in!

goaliebob99 said:

I'm with ya on this. I just got dish less then 2 months ago. I have an 811 and a 942 that I'm leasing. Also, I already have the Dish 1000 and a Dish 500 pointing at 61.5, so I'm all set there. It should be a 2 second swapout for me to get a 211 and 622, so it is kinda silly paying $150 (after rebate) just for that especially since I am leasing everything!

Charlie never mentioned actually selling equipment other than the "retail" price of the 622 must be around $950. I'm happy with the promise that came with my 921. I just want one that actually works. Anybody heard any rumors about D* actually selling the 622 without requiring a five year contract for America's Top 1000 shopping channels?

spokanellama said:
Charlie never mentioned actually selling equipment other than the "retail" price of the 622 must be around $950. I'm happy with the promise that came with my 921. I just want one that actually works. Anybody heard any rumors about D* actually selling the 622 without requiring a five year contract for America's Top 1000 shopping channels?

Some retailers are taking pre-orders now. As I recall, the price is about $699.

Yeah, I called during the last part of the chat last night. The wait was about 10 minutes, not too bad. But I talked to some girl in India who knew nothing of the new receivers. I told her I was watching the Charlie Chat and he said we could upgrade an 811 for a 211 for $49 including installation. This is better for me since I need a dish at 61.5 and would rather pay $49 for the dish and rec. instead of $99 just for a new dish. She told me the 811 was the newest technology. So I went on to explain to her about MPEG4 and that the new receivers would be required for any new HD programming. She says "Yes, you need an HD receiver to receive HD programming." I KNOW! I have an 811, I get HD programming. Anyway, I guess I'll call back in a couple days.

Does anyone know where this Olympics HD channel will be? As I said I don't have a dish at 61.5 and on the chat they said "If you recieve HD programming now, you will get the Olympics HD channel free of charge." So that would mean it would either be on 110 or 119 right? Just in case I can't get my new installation by Feb. 1.

Oh, one more thing. Did anybody else catch this. The slogan for DishHD was "Finally delivering on the promise of HD." At lease they're admitting that they took forever.

Last edited:
Worst slogan ever...Worse than my tv sucks...

BTW, why do you guys want to own your boxes so bad? It's not like you've got bigger HDD's in them or spongebob stickers on them or anything...What's the big reason for not wanting to have to send it back?

FunkyBoss said:
I'm with ya on this. I just got dish less then 2 months ago. I have an 811 and a 942 that I'm leasing. Also, I already have the Dish 1000 and a Dish 500 pointing at 61.5, so I'm all set there. It should be a 2 second swapout for me to get a 211 and 622, so it is kinda silly paying $150 (after rebate) just for that especially since I am leasing everything!

I am not so sure we can upgrade if we lease and have had Dish for less than a year. I will not have Dish for a year until May, and have been told by others that Dish will not upgrade any leased equipment until your one year anniversary. Does anyone know if this is the case ? I think they should let us upgrade sooner since it is to get new programming. Does anyone know the policy for us leasers that have less than one year on Dish ?

Nothing mentioned about anniversary on the chat. It was quite clear that if you are an existing customer (even if you signed up last week like Charlie mentioned) you are eligible for the upgrade.

Purogamer said:
Worst slogan ever...Worse than my tv sucks...

BTW, why do you guys want to own your boxes so bad? It's not like you've got bigger HDD's in them or spongebob stickers on them or anything...What's the big reason for not wanting to have to send it back?

For me it's not a case of not wanting to send it back. I was refused the 250 dollar lease fee because of current customer restrictions. I went out and bought my 942 in Sept. I gambled this day would be very delayed. I don't want to end up with a 699.00 lease.

Sam

Sean Mota said:
Nothing mentioned about anniversary on the chat. It was quite clear that if you are an existing customer (even if you signed up last week like Charlie mentioned) you are eligible for the upgrade.

Thanks Sean. I hope your right. The rules are getting very confusing here. :)

Called in this morning

It seems the CSR's now know about the new packages, but they are not available until Feb 1. I did talk to a HD tech person and he was not aware of any upgrade plans for existing customers. I told him I wanted the VIP 622 upgrade for $299.00 and he said it was not available to existing customers. He also indicated that the VIP 622 might not be available Feb 1. What amazes me about this whole thing is that a company as large as Dishnetwork would not have their ducks in a row for this, that their own CSR's do not know what is being announced. Anyone have any feedback when the actual hardware will be available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts