Note from DIRECTV on the DISH / AMC dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It really does amaze how many people I see that are ignorant to technology. Overall, we are not a tech savvy nation except for maybe when it comes to smartphones. But still, I always get surprised when people ask me if they can play blu-rays on a regular DVD player. Or if they can just plug in a cable line on their new HDTV. I tell them they can but it won't be HD and the picture won't look good. Then they tell me "Well what's the point of getting a HDTV then?" I tell them "Listen, to get HD, you either need a cable or satellite box or you can watch your locals in HD with a TV antenna for free" They tell me that they don't want to deal with either one and I have to tell them tough because the days of hooking up just a basic cable line are pretty much over. Again, it just amazes me. No wonder the VCR hasn't died completely and that we're still selling DVD/VCR combos.

It really does amaze how many people I see that are ignorant to technology. Overall, we are not a tech savvy nation except for maybe when it comes to smartphones. But still, I always get surprised when people ask me if they can play blu-rays on a regular DVD player. Or if they can just plug in a cable line on their new HDTV. I tell them they can but it won't be HD and the picture won't look good. Then they tell me "Well what's the point of getting a HDTV then?" I tell them "Listen, to get HD, you either need a cable or satellite box or you can watch your locals in HD with a TV antenna for free" They tell me that they don't want to deal with either one and I have to tell them tough because the days of hooking up just a basic cable line are pretty much over. Again, it just amazes me. No wonder the VCR hasn't died completely and that we're still selling DVD/VCR combos.
someday u too will be over 40 and some new technology will befuddle you too because you will be too busy living (kids jobs etc) and will have no time to figure out a new fangled toy (lol)

HUH? What the hell does this have to do with anything? So someone is ignorant because they don't know what company they have? as for the talk crap stuff and all the other silly stuff you ranted about, uh ok..

considering the very definition of ignorant is a lack of knowledge, i'm gonna go ahead and say yes.

ig·no·rant/?ign?r?nt/
Adjective:
Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".

someday u too will be over 40 and some new technology will befuddle you too because you will be too busy living (kids jobs etc) and will have no time to figure out a new fangled toy (lol)
Indeed. In fact, there is a postulation that goes like this:
- Any technology invented before you are age 12 is "the way it's always been"
- Any technology invented before you are age 30 is "cool! I got to have one of these!"
- Any technology invented after you are age 40 is unnatural and a crime against humanity.

Don't hate on VCR's! I still have one hooked up! It's not used too often, but it does work! (And the TV is set to show the VCR 4:3 so it's in proper aspect ratio, as it should be!)

To chime in on topic, my parents (in VT) have Dish and my brother (in MA) and I (in NC) both have Directv. They do not understand why the channels are the same for my bro and I and not for them. They do not understand the difference between Dish and Directv. My parents have Comcast for Internet but ALWAYS call Dish Network (I wrote the Dish phone # in their PHONE BOOK (who uses those?!) so they'd be less confused) for Internet issues. I gave up explaining that the TV is not cable and they call the cable company for Internet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.