Note on IntelliTXT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SatelliteGuys.US is always looking for ways to better support to site so that we can pay our bills, add new features and continue to give away great prizes.

As many of our members have noticed last week we introduced a new method of advertising here at SatelliteGuys.US called IntelliTXT. IntelliTxt scans all forums posts and looks for Keywords, those keywords are matched with advertisers, then those IntelliText Keywords turn green. When a member click on one of these ads SatelliteGuys make some money.

Since installing IntelliTxt last week we have made over $60 for the forum.

We are happy that our members have been receptive to this new form of support for SatelliteGuys, and we also understand that a small number of users find these IntelliTxt ads annoying.

We want to make everyone happy here at SatelliteGuys.US and we have come up with 2 ways you can opt out of seeing these ads.

One way is you can donate and become a "Pub Member" / Supporter of SatelliteGuys, when you become a Pub Member you will not longer see the IntelliTxt ads and also most google ads on the site will also be removed as well. When your a pub member you get a special Supporter Image next to your name in your posts and you also get access to our exclusive Pub Members Forum. To donate and become a SatelliteGuys Pub Member CLICK HERE

We understand that not everyone can donate to SatelliteGuys and thats ok we have come up with another way for you to opt out. If you are a SatelliteGuys member please click here for instructions on how to download a special cookie which will turn off the IntelliTxt ads on your computer.

Thanks for being a SatelliteGuys member and thank you for your support!

Scott Greczkowski said:
We want to make everyone happy here at SatelliteGuys.US and we have come up with 2 ways you can opt out of seeing these ads.
There is also a 3rd way but requires Firefox (or related) browser and isn't guaranteed to block ads 100%, but effectively blocks them on all sites you visit. Check out the instructions here. I'm not posting this to discourage people from joining and becoming a support of the site. I'm a supporter as I have gain worthwhile information here and if you think it's of value as well, please consider joining. It's just that I've visted other sites that seem to highlight every other word and link it to ads. Recently my subscription here expired and I didn't realize it. I thought the IntelliTXT ads were there for everyone so I just looked for a way to kill them.

Supporters subscriptions here don't expire, so if your did let me know and I can fix it for you. (Its a vBulletin problem) :(

The thread that had the instructions to download the cookie is missing. I use a text-to-speech screen reader and the "Intellitxt" links locks it up everytime.

Scott Greczkowski said:
please click here for instructions on how to download a special cookie which will turn off the IntelliTxt ads on your computer.

KimmiKat said:
The thread that had the instructions to download the cookie is missing. I use a text-to-speech screen reader and the "Intellitxt" links locks it up everytime.
I presume that posts were re-numbered/indexed when the board software was upgraded but yeah, the post Scott links above has nothing to do with Intellitxt.

I was able to nuke the green links with the help FireFox and one of their script blocking plug-ins. I have noticed the upgrades to board software can get re-indexed. I use vB myself on my mboards.

hall said:
I presume that posts were re-numbered/indexed when the board software was upgraded but yeah, the post Scott links above has nothing to do with Intellitxt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)