nothing on program guide

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sert205

Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
I recently installed an OTA. However when I go to my guide to see whats on it just states "local". Is this norm or is there something I can do to get the programs to come across?

Usual answer

Welcome,

First, do you subscribe to Locals from Dish (LIL) on a 921? If not, that is all you will see.
Second, have you scanned for locals?
Third, you may have to wait overnight for the guide to fill.
Fourth, some subchannels are not mapped correctly by Dish and some schedules are not given to the services.

For now after channel scanning, check reception -- min 70 for 811, 85 for 921. Set up your favorites. Then you can set up recordings by choosing your 7xxx/8xxx/90xx channel and changing the number to the digital 0xx01 or 0xx02 for most PBS. (Use 9999, then scroll down and click.) If they did not map from digital numbers to analog+subchannel, then you may lose them and gain them according to signal level.

Luck,
-Ken

If you have an 811 and your locals are on 105 or 121 and you do not have a SuperDish installed, you will not get local channel info in the guide.

I had the same question! I have recently bought the 811 and I even called tech and didn't get any answers. I get my locals overair, the digitals are listed in the guide but without any show discription! The analog channels have show info most of the time! I also have a directv receiver [Mitsubishi SRHD5], it is hooked up to a DTV dish and my overair antenna and I get all of the channels with show discription in the guide! As long as I enter my zip code in set up. If any one knows of any thing for me to adjust on the 811 please let me know, Thank you Also I thought I might add that niether DISH nor DTV provide locals for my area!

I have the 811. When I got home last night my guide worked for ABC, NBC, CBS, and WB. However the public channel and UPN had nothing.

j wherley,
Welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!
The way the Dish does the guide info for local digital channels is they map the info down from locals they provide. They will be adding the Minot/Bismarck DMA supposedly be the end of April. At this time I do not know which of the four cities stations they will be adding so it is possible that even after they add them you still wont get info.

Yes they do, Dish only provides guide info for "locals" they carry the analog of. If Dish doesn't carry the station they wont provide any info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts