Nothing with dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.

norawa

Original poster
Apr 1, 2013
chihuahua
Hi everybody,im from chihuahua mexico and this is my first post,i buy an openbox x5 and begin to test with a 85cm(33 inch) dish and sharp universal lnb,my goal PBS channels on amc 21,sat beam page say that i need a 29.5 dish size,first attemp with absolutely cero of quality,ok,im going to other sat with HD to try,SES1 and pentagon HD channels,in 1 minute im got the sat ,picture ok but not to much to watch,next target ses2 and LPB channels,aim dish with telemundo TP and ok,tune LPB and got pixeled image,quality going to 60 and cero,60 and cero,fine adjust to skew with no good result,second attemp to AMC 21.first im point to galaxy 18 and get a good image on a korean channel (dvb-s)but freeze on UWTV(dvb-s2),quality up and down,ok,then turn dish slow to right with an AMC 21 TP and nothing,i think that footprint are bad and i need a bigger dish?,conclusion,i cant get good quality on channels with dvb-s2,what is the problem? i need a bigger dish or a new lnb?Excuse my english and congratulations for this excelent forum,Regards

Welcome to the forum! I would guess a bigger dish. Northern Mexico is on the edge of the PBS beams, as you saw, so it could only help. Maybe 90 cm or 1m in size? I think there are a few people on here in the Monterrey area, which is near the edge of the footprint, too. Hopefully, they'll chime in :)

Hey Norawa, welcome to Sat Guys!! And don't apologize for your English as from what I've read here, you do OK with it as a second language and better than some who were born, raised and educated here!! ;)

Welcome to the site! Yep where you are combined with the fact that S2 signals are harder to lock, I would go find a bigger dish.

Last edited:
I don't think it will solve your problem.
But since we don't know what you are currently using, it can't hurt to try.

I believe that part would be Universal.
SatelliteAV has a similar PLL LNBF, but it's Standard.
From the comments posted here on the forum, they are both better than the average LNBF, yet similar in performance to each other.

I prefer Standard LNBFs to simplify switching.
No chance I can see any satellites needing Universal, from Los Angeles. :)
Of course if you need dual outputs, the DMSI is available with a choice.
Just don't let the outrageously low noise figure claims of the Avenger color your decision.
It's just marketing hype. ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)