NOTICE OF PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

Just let it be. Ya never know what might come of it, but almost guaranteed nothing.

Lets see,I once got a check for the grand total of .02 from ebay motors,not even close to the paper it was printed on,then years later I was pleasantly surprised by a check for $48 from a class suit against robocall.This suit falls into the .02 cents category,maybe $1 or $2.

I don't understand why Fox isn't part of the suit,unless they offered to allow dish to keep the programming on while they negotiated?If dish simply pulled them then I suppose I could see a case for the case.

Either way I'm not fretting it,if I can remove myself from the suit without a written letter I will,if I have to write a letter then poop on it.

I don't understand why Fox isn't part of the suit,unless they offered to allow dish to keep the programming on while they negotiated?
I'm GUESSING because whoever brought the suit against Dish didn't pay Fox anything (at least not directly) in order to get the channels. Since they didn't pay anything, what would they sue for?

I agree if you stay in the class and the class wins, if you're lucky, you'll get .05. How much of the monthly fee is for those two channels (what you're "out" and POSSIBLY entitled to a refund on)? Then take out the expenses for the lawyers, THEN pay the lawyers.

Can this go anywhere? Dish almost always gives money back for a missing channel, if asked. If they allow this through, that would seem to open the flood gates for any transmission breach, regardless of cause. And it was only for a month. How much value is there to that anyway, $0.20?

Can this go anywhere? Dish almost always gives money back for a missing channel, if asked. If they allow this through, that would seem to open the flood gates for any transmission breach, regardless of cause. And it was only for a month. How much value is there to that anyway, $0.20?

But...how many actually ask?In all honesty it shouldn't be that way.If not for these very forums,I wouldn't have known to call in during the amc dispute.Sure dish treated me very well after I made the call,but I'd bet the vast majority didn't have a clue to call in.

I'm GUESSING because whoever brought the suit against Dish didn't pay Fox anything (at least not directly) in order to get the channels. Since they didn't pay anything, what would they sue for?

I'm not a lawyer lol if Dish can prove that Fox forced them to pull the channels or pay the higher fees,then Fox would seem to be at fault imo.

But...how many actually ask?In all honesty it shouldn't be that way.If not for these very forums,I wouldn't have known to call in during the amc dispute.Sure dish treated me very well after I made the call,but I'd bet the vast majority didn't have a clue to call in. I'm not a lawyer lol if Dish can prove that Fox forced them to pull the channels or pay the higher fees,then Fox would seem to be at fault imo.

I haven't read the suit, but I'm guessing it's for a breach of contract. Dish customers have a contract with Dish not Fox, so there's no contractual liability for Fox related to this.

I haven't read the suit, but I'm guessing it's for a breach of contract. Dish customers have a contract with Dish not Fox, so there's no contractual liability for Fox related to this.

Well,if that's the case,I hope Dish wins,cause as yespage mentioned,if they lose this suit,it will open up the flood gates.

But...how many actually ask?
People who turned to the channel to watch something and were upset enough to call to see why they weren't getting the channel. The people this would have floated by were the ones who didn't watch either channel.

The fine print:
**Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. § 338(i)(4)(B)(ii), you are hereby notified that the Court has ordered DISH to disclose to counsel for the class on May 28, 2014 certain personally identifiable information of class members, including each class member's name, mailing address, e-mail address, DISH programming package, and the price of the DISH programming package, in connection with class counsel's further administration of the class and representation of the claims of the class members.

some little whiny punk @ss b*tch found a lawyer in his phone book yellow pages and talked him into bringing this case. I would love to spend a few minutes with that person. Personally I am offended that I am included in this.
A complete waste of time and money and we get to pay for the lawyers to fight it.
I guess the whiny punk @ss b*tches name is Michael Padberg from Missouri.

Last edited:

I agree if you stay in the class and the class wins, if you're lucky, you'll get .05. How much of the monthly fee is for those two channels (what you're "out" and POSSIBLY entitled to a refund on)? Then take out the expenses for the lawyers, THEN pay the lawyers.

Mike Padberg, Plaintiff, represented by Matthew A. Clement, Cook, Vetter, Doerhoff & Landwehr, P.C., Charles D. Miller, Jr., Horn, Aylward & Bandy, LLC, Edward D. Robertson, Jr., Bartimus, Frickleton, Robertson & Gorny-JC, Joseph A. Kronawitter, Horn Aylward & Bandy, LLC, Kari A. Schulte, Cook, Vetter, Doerhoff & Landwehr, P.C., Mary D. Winter, Bartimus, Frickleton, Robertson & Gorny-JC, Robert A. Horn, Horn, Aylward & Bandy, LLC, Thomas P. Rosenfeld, Goldenberg Heller Antognoli & Rowland, PC & Timothy W. Van Ronzelen, Cook, Vetter, Doerhoff & Landwehr, P.C..

Dish Network LLC, Defendant, represented by Lauren S. Kowal, Coblentz, Patch, Duffy & Bass LLP, Pro Hac Vice, Matthew Duff Turner, Armstrong Teasdale LLP & Richard R. Patch, Coblentz, Patch, Duffy & Bass LLP, Pro Hac Vice
Padberg's got more lawyers...He wins!!!

People who turned to the channel to watch something and were upset enough to call to see why they weren't getting the channel. The people this would have floated by were the ones who didn't watch either channel.

Again I ask,how many of those actually called in?Did the slate that dish put up say call us for a rebate,or incentives?Also,unless they called retention or loyalty,I seriously doubt they got anything.I'm pretty sure those slates just say to call whatever network is down and complain.I'm just posing the question,not saying it's right or wrong.Would it be a bad idea for Dish to say call in for a free ppv or something?imo no it wouldn't.Would it stop someone like this guy with the the current suit?Possibly,possibly not,but at least Dish could say,hey we offered something.

Lets see,I once got a check for the grand total of .02 from ebay motors,not even close to the paper it was printed on,then years later I was pleasantly surprised by a check for $48 from a class suit against robocall.This suit falls into the .02 cents category,maybe $1 or $2.

I don't understand why Fox isn't part of the suit,unless they offered to allow dish to keep the programming on while they negotiated?If dish simply pulled them then I suppose I could see a case for the case.

Either way I'm not fretting it,if I can remove myself from the suit without a written letter I will,if I have to write a letter then poop on it.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me: if I have to move off the couch? Sue, baby, sue. :p

IIRC, I got a check for like $3.48 one time for a rewritable cd's lawsuit or something. Been a while. Bet the compensation here is similar.

Yeah, pretty much the same for me: if I have to move off the couch? Sue, baby, sue. :p

IIRC, I got a check for like $3.48 one time for a rewritable cd's lawsuit or something. Been a while. Bet the compensation here is similar.

hahaha that's kind of my motto man.:D

So I'm not going to lie but I'm almost to lazy to write a letter...but should I make it a point to get taken off this lawsuit???
Personally, I don't see any downside to being in the class. Even if every Satellite Guys Dish subscriber opted out of the class, I don't see that making a huge difference in any settlement (I assume a settlement will be $x/subscriber).

I e-mailed to be excluded. I don't know if I got compensation in this instance at the time from DISH, but they have been quite generous to me during other programming changes that mattered to me.

I didn't do anything in the class action suit regarding the CDs, and I probably got $3 and change from that. Wow! Not worth all the legal fees in many of these cases that just waste the courts' time.

I once got a check for an overpayment to a hospital for $.01. I still have the check. I hope I messed up their bookkeeping forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)