NOTICE OF PENDENCY OF CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT

I got the e-mail and it is a waste of time especially when the lawyers get most of the money!! :)

I got $90 from Sprint last year from a class action for them wrongly charging me a cancellation fee. What happened in this one was that they were restarting the contract for all phones when I bought a new phone instead of just starting a new 2-year contract on the specific phone I bought. So when I cancelled a phone that I had for about 3 years, they charged me a cancellation fee. They did this to many others and eventually had to refund what they charged.

That was a legitimate class action suit. This is not.

I wonder how they are going to get around Dish's residential contract clause that says they can change programming at any time?

This is almost like the letter I've received about a supposed lawsuit against a formal temp agency, about supposedly that employees got underpayed for full-time hours, And that I was part of the several employees that will receive money if it's ruled against said company, Yes I used to work for that temp agency for a few days or so, But that was several years ago and until a few months ago I received that letter, Maybe it was some truth to that letter hence probably why they closed down for good.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I got $90 from Sprint last year from a class action for them wrongly charging me a cancellation fee. What happened in this one was that they were restarting the contract for all phones when I bought a new phone instead of just starting a new 2-year contract on the specific phone I bought. So when I cancelled a phone that I had for about 3 years, they charged me a cancellation fee. They did this to many others and eventually had to refund what they charged.

That was a legitimate class action suit. This is not.

Almost a situation I've had with Sprint, but I was on a 6 month suspend, before that I was over a year and a half left in my contract, then after my 6 months were up, I tried to cancel service afterwards and they tried to charge me ETF, But eventually canceled free of charge after the billing cycle.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I was able to track down the whiny little piss-ants address. phone, and email but won't be publishing it even though I think he deserves to be outed and told exactly what people think of his "lawsuit".

Yup, and that becomes part of the public record - how do you spell SPAM. One should be able to opt in and not be required to mail a letter to opt out. So it will cost me .46 to opt out, .49 if I wait until Monday.
You can opt out via e-mail also. no cost for that.

Certain customers that had certain RSNs. Being in NY, you probably didn't. :)

Three words: SUBJECT...TO...CHANGE. Mikey and his OJ Simpson murder trial team of lawyers over not getting to watch (insert sport here) will have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning this case. Hey Mikey, he doesn't like it. And to quote Jim Carey in Dumber & Dumber: "Man, you are one pathetic loser".

Mike Padberg, Plaintiff, represented by Matthew A. Clement, Cook, Vetter, Doerhoff & Landwehr, P.C., Charles D. Miller, Jr., Horn, Aylward & Bandy, LLC, Edward D. Robertson, Jr., Bartimus, Frickleton, Robertson & Gorny-JC, Joseph A. Kronawitter, Horn Aylward & Bandy, LLC, Kari A. Schulte, Cook, Vetter, Doerhoff & Landwehr, P.C., Mary D. Winter, Bartimus, Frickleton, Robertson & Gorny-JC, Robert A. Horn, Horn, Aylward & Bandy, LLC, Thomas P. Rosenfeld, Goldenberg Heller Antognoli & Rowland, PC & Timothy W. Van Ronzelen, Cook, Vetter, Doerhoff & Landwehr, P.C..

Dish Network LLC, Defendant, represented by Lauren S. Kowal, Coblentz, Patch, Duffy & Bass LLP, Pro Hac Vice, Matthew Duff Turner, Armstrong Teasdale LLP & Richard R. Patch, Coblentz, Patch, Duffy & Bass LLP, Pro Hac Vice

Pfft!!! Amateurs!! Neither hired the best legal team ever... Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe.

I think I'll let mine ride. You never know. I might, two or three years down the road, be a nickle short standing in front of a soda vending machine.

I've taken the ride with two class action suits. One returned me a check for 21¢, the other paid my AT&T phone bill for 2 1/2 months. So, you never know....

I've taken the ride with two class action suits. One returned me a check for 21¢, the other paid my AT&T phone bill for 2 1/2 months. So, you never know....
True. I just got an 11.20 credit for Kindle books because Amazon sued Apple and the major publishers for price fixing. I also got around 70 bucks years ago from a suit against NFL Sunday ticket. They counted the years I had it on C-band plus the Directv years I had it to calculate how much I got.
I usually just ignore these things, but this case rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

Can this go anywhere? Dish almost always gives money back for a missing channel, if asked. If they allow this through, that would seem to open the flood gates for any transmission breach, regardless of cause. And it was only for a month. How much value is there to that anyway, $0.20?

I wonder if these means that if someone requested money back from Dish in 2010 and got money, and then failed to excuse themselves from the lawsuit, if they would have to pay back that money. Who knows they could get .05 and need to pay back $5. Great deal. The only one to make money in these frivolous suits is lawyers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)