Notice of Sale of Charter Telephone Services to CoBridge Communications

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I just received a letter from CoBridge Communications that they will be taking over my local telephone services from Charter. I looked up CoBridge & saw that they also cover Cable TV & Internet services. It would seem odd that Charter would sell their local telephone coverage & keep TV & internet for themselves,so I emailed CoBridge to find out if they are also taking over the other two services. I'll let you know what their response is when I get it. Right now,I live in the "Siberia" of Charter coverage,where we are the absolute last to receive updates in our service or even new channels(forget about HD). We didn't get HD in our area until 2008,& we didn't get DVR service until the later half of 2008. Our HD TV choices are abysmal in this area. Let's see if CoBridge will be a bigger improvement over charter.

Well I still haven't heard from CoBridge Communications. If they ARE taking over the whole shebang on dec. 16,I'm going to turn in my cable boxes because I already D*. If I'm able to upgrade my internet to Charter Internet Max from Charter Internet Plus(because that's all they offer/offered local currently),then I'll keep my internet. If not,I'll just keep the phone service & get ATT FastAccess DSL Direct 6.0M from BellSouth for a lot cheaper.

Thats funny,I said the same thing to my family. Well,I'm going to keep my internet & phone,& I'll just turn in my cable boxes. It was officially confirmed on my bill that CoBridge was getting my cable services(TV,Internet,& Phone).

Well,I turned in my cable boxes to Charter yesterday. I only have phone & internet(& they increased me to Internet Max). They said they expect to change their signs to "CoBridge" next week.

The abridged version of the CoBridge company profile is:

"The goal of CoBridge is to purchase under-managed and under-marketed cable television properties that can be improved over time and bring these communities the latest in voice, video and broadband services."

Based on my experience with Charter, that would indicate that all of Charter is up for grabs by CoBridge.

Well,no sooner have I stopped my cable,dropped my phone service(for Vonage),& I am in the process of dropping my internet(because I have high speed DSL with AT&T),I find out that CoBridge has sold my market to Knology. Knology Buys Systems From Cobridge Broadband - 2011-02-22 18:31:03 | Multichannel News
Depending on how much Knology charges,I might just keep my internet. One thing for sure,Knology CANNOT be any worse than Charter/Cobridge.

Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear that you had a bad previous experience with our company. We did sell select markets to Cobridge several months ago. Those markets were completely sold and are no longer affiliated with Charter. If you have any questions going forward, we can definitely address those as well.

Have a great day!

-George

I certainly hope that Charter sells out the Marysville IL service area. I might then consider going back to cable, but then again, I am quite satisfied with my U-Verse 12Mbps internet service as far as reliability, availability and throughput is concerned. Far superior to Charter's so called 18Mbps service and cheaper too. In retrospect, I should thank the Charter contractor for "inadvertently" disconnecting my drop line while providing new service to a new neighbor. However, if Cobridge was to offer 50Mbps with a trial offer, I would give it a shot.

Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear that you had a bad previous experience with our company. We did sell select markets to Cobridge several months ago. Those markets were completely sold and are no longer affiliated with Charter. If you have any questions going forward, we can definitely address those as well.

Have a great day!

-George

The problem with Charter in our area,before Cobridge (supposedly) took over,was that we were the last to get updates in technology & services. We didn't get HDTV until fall 2007-spring 2008. Probably because of the then impending sell to CoBridge,I couldn't get Internet Max,just Internet Plus. CoBridge also removed "PowerBoost" from their internet coverage. Now I hear that Knology is taking over,we'll see how that goes. A Charter salesman came to our house in 2009 to sign us up for Triple Play(we only had cable & internet with Charter). He showed us the tv channels that Atlanta was getting & said we'd be getting those channels(minus the locals of course). Well,that never happened. Also,our cable,internet,& phone service kept going down repeatedly,& that's when I signed up for DIRECTV. With CoBridge (supposedly) taking over this past Fall(then moved to March,& now Knology),I decided to drop internet & phone service,after dropping cable the month before,for AT&T DSL & Vonage phone service. I haven't severed internet coverage from Charter/Cobridge/Whoever yet,I'm just waiting on what shakes out with Knology. At least Knology is a known entity in our area,unlike CoBridge,& I wish Charter would have dwelt with Knology first,instead of the "unknown" CoBridge.

The areas that were sold to Cobridge were in need of major plant upgrades for the most part (hence the latency of available services) and we just didn't foresee a ROI in those areas that were sold. Cobridge purchased quite a few of those markets from us. Once it was in their hands we had no control over whom they sold it off to. Again, I apologize for the past issues and wish we could have come to a better resolution for you. We wish you the best with your new service providers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)