Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
With the server seeing 2000+ members online at the same time the past few days I have asked the vBulletin guys to tweek our server for the heavier load we have been seeing.

I didn't expect they would do it tonight. (these guys are GOOD!)

There may be times tonight where the sight becomes unavailable for a few moments or you may receive a database error. If you see this DON'T PANIC everything is ok, we are just making the system more stable with the heavy loads.

Sorry for no advance notice, but I didn't think they would do it on a Friday Night. :)

Ok the guys just finished up. I am now doing a backup of our database and will run an optimization on it, this backup may cause the server to be slower then normal.

Thanks for your patience.

Ok all server work for tonight is complete.

I am told by the vB guys that when server updates and MySQL changes like this are made it will take a day or two to find out how and if the changes, optimizations and backend software upgrades helped or not. :)

For me it seems slightly faster.

They also tell me that 400 online in 15 minutes is a lot. (and per their request I have changed the cookie timeout to 15 minutes) so we may need to add a second server in the near future. Hard to believe we had 2200+ online at the same time today. :D

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts