November...Any HD NEws?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
Ok...we know that Directv is rolling out Mpeg 4 ...but where are the HD ch's? I haven't heard of any plans to begin carrying any HD ch's besides locals. Where is TNTHD? And where is their FOX HD ch package that they are supposed to be putting together? I'm really getting tired of waiting ....I am not under contract anymore ....and even though the VOOM ch's haven't been great at least they have MonstersHD which I loved when I had VOOM. Has anyone heard anything about any new HD ch's? My question is....is Directv going to add more HD ch's that we could all watch? If so when? Where is their answer to the VOOM ch's?

vinnyv07 said:
Ok...we know that Directv is rolling out Mpeg 4 ...but where are the HD ch's? I haven't heard of any plans to begin carrying any HD ch's besides locals. Where is TNTHD? And where is their FOX HD ch package that they are supposed to be putting together? I'm really getting tired of waiting ....I am not under contract anymore ....and even though the VOOM ch's haven't been great at least they have MonstersHD which I loved when I had VOOM. Has anyone heard anything about any new HD ch's? My question is....is Directv going to add more HD ch's that we could all watch? If so when? Where is their answer to the VOOM ch's?
Spaceway 2 is still on the ground, MPEG4 is only available in Detroit, be patient it will come it just takes time to do it right. :D

vinnyv07 said:

OLN HD hockey started on Tuesday.

have to keep waiting for D* to add more HD. not a good service for HD viewers. I've been waitng on TNTHD for over 2 years..........the way I see it, could be 2 more years
and OLNHD2....LOL yeah right. doubt D* knows it's on
but what is funny, I was in walmart the other day and on their TV's was a ad showing OLNHD2...it said "the walmart network" what's that all about.......looked really good. I played around with it to see what channel it was on, came home and tried it....nothing.

rkr0923 said:
I've been waitng on TNTHD for over 2 years

Really? TNT HD availability just rolled out a few weeks before last NBA season. If we go this ENTIRE season without TNT HD, it will then be the two years. but I still agree we have waited too long.

yes REALLY!
you can defend them all you want but I ask about TNTHD years ago and their reply "Were working on adding that". to this day you get the same reply. Voom had it the day they went live......and most cable companies

Vinny, the VOOM HD channels are coming back and I have a feeling they will be bigger and better than ever. I would recommend taking a close look at E* if they add ESPN2 HD, UHD, Max HD and Starz HD in the next two months. The PQ is excellent!

riffjim4069 said:
I would recommend taking a close look at E* if they add ESPN2 HD, UHD, Max HD and Starz HD in the next two months.
Have we heard anything more about these on either E* or D*? Except for ESPN2 HD and UHD on D*.

riffjim4069 said:
Vinny, the VOOM HD channels are coming back and I have a feeling they will be bigger and better than ever. I would recommend taking a close look at E* if they add ESPN2 HD, UHD, Max HD and Starz HD in the next two months. The PQ is excellent!
I am going to take a good look at E at the beginning of next year. I have been waiting for something from Direct for too long. An option that I am looking at is buying my own HD receiver and subbing to the Dish HD pack and VOOm pack for 20 bucks. Really for all those HD ch's that isn't a bad deal.....I would keep Direct for my regular ch's. But I'm really hesitating because I feel that what ever I buy now won't be Mpeg4 compatiable. I would be stuck with a M2 receiver. Anyway, I'm really tired of hearing about locals being added and nothing else as far as HD goes. Announce something already!! I like Direct's service but enough already!! Tell us what is coming!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts